Job Openings Product Owner (Various)
About the job Product Owner (Various)
About The Company
MENU is an innovative Swiss technology start-up company that digitizes the gastronomy and hotel industry by offering sophisticated ordering and payment IT solutions. Our goal is to eliminate manual processing of meal ordering and payment in order to reduce queues and waiting times. Guests gain greater autonomy by ordering, reordering and paying on their smartphones, PCs or self-ordering screens at any time, while gastronomy and hotel businesses benefit from enhanced guest experience, optimized internal processes and increased revenues. MENU Technologies was launched in 2014 and is today on a growth course in Switzerland and increasingly also in Europe and the USA.
The Mobile Product Owner works on enhancing our Mobile platform by developing new features & improving existing ones, based on customer feedback, user analytics & strategic priorities. MENU’s Mobile platform is deployed by leading restaurant brands to enable their customers to selforder & pay, redeem discounts and engage with the brand.
The Product Owner is responsible for leading the functional development of new product features & improvements from concept to delivery and beyond, ensuring that they work & meet customer needs. The Product Owner prioritizes and refines the backlog as well as works together with developers, quality assurance engineers and UX designers to design and build the product. He/she is the sole point of contact for product-related questions/matters from the Scrum team, and works with the product management team to deliver the right answers. He/she needs to have a good understanding of the product’s architecture & capabilities, in order to analyze new product developments and all of their dependencies. His/her technical knowledge & background should aid in the analysis process (feasibility, architecture & dependencies), the writing of product specifications and in the communication with developers. His/her product & technology background should enable him/her to understand both the user & the technical requirements for a new feature.
Type of contract: Permanent
The key functions of the Mobile Product Owner include:
• Analyze product & technical fit of roadmap items into current product: Feasibility, Architecture & Dependencies
• Clearly defining Product Backlog items: Writing functional requirements to drive changes and enhancements
• Ensuring technical requirements are met (internally & with third-parties), in order for the development team to efficiently & successfully implement new features
• Ordering the items in the Product Backlog, in accordance with the product management team, to best achieve goals and mission
• Optimizing the value and performance of the Development Teams 1 Ready when you are!
• Ensuring the Product Backlog is visible and clear to all and includes the next tasks for the Scrum Team
• Establishing and monitoring performance metrics, providing related reporting to product management and executives to communicate project status
• Serve as sole point-of-contact for all product-related matters from the development team, and work with product management team to provide answers & solutions • Planning, refining and improving agile process
• Aiding in and conducting user acceptance testing
• Resolving production issues escalated by product support teams Key Accountabilities The Mobile Product Owner reports to the CPO.
• Minimum 3 years of recent experience as a Product Owner working on software applications
• Experience building widely-applicable mobile consumer applications, preferably with eCommerce experience
• Experience with CRM & Marketing Automation platforms
• Experience with Product Analytics and experience in A/B Testing
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments
• Ability to contribute effectively within a fast paced, IT development environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with a wide audience: development, product management and senior management teams
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects under limited supervision, including timelines, tasks, teams, group dynamics, etc.
• Willingness to do what it takes to ensure the team accomplishes its goals
• Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and “can-do” attitude
• Strong English language skills