About the job Operations Coordinator
A Global Logistics Service Provider based in Fairfax, Virginia is looking for an Operations Coordinator. The position involves helping with the communication and coordination of transporting different kinds of goods internationally, both with clients and vendors. This is a full-time in-office position in Fairfax, VA.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
As a leader in the logistics industry, we have established a reputation for delivering exceptional services for US government projects, including disaster relief, global health programs, infrastructure development, and theater contingency operations. With over three decades of experience, we're working some of the most complex, critical and impactful supply chains throughout the developing world.
- Contract with agents, truckers, airlines, steamship lines, customs brokers, insurance agents, and third-party service providers
- Maintain communication with Operations Manager, staff, and vendors
- Client customer service via communication by phone and email
- Carrier rate negotiations
- Issue export documents
- Track shipments and maintain account updates on shipments statues
- Address complaints concerning billing and services rendered
- 2+ Years of experience in Freight Forwarding/Logistics
- Experience working with airlines, ships and trucking agents to make bookings for shipments from the United States
- Experience with AWB & AES
- $60,000 to $65,000 annually
- Health Insurance
- Competitive retirement plans
- Exercise facility
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the position and think you're a great fit, please apply or send us your resume so we can schedule a call with you.