About the job Senior Software Engineer I & II
This posting is fully remote
*This job requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will be intimately involved in the architecture decisions that will shape this product. You live and breathe cloud services that require high availability and fast, consistent performance. You love working with the latest open source technologies and can leverage your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a system that needs to be bullet-proof.
Not only can you drive decisions among competing engineering trade-offs, your empathy with customers allows you to intuit innovative solutions for our customer problems. You will be working closely with product managers and designers to ensure we are building the right solution for our customers. You also enjoy mentoring other engineers, and love to be a hands-on teacher helping to up level the engineers around you.
Join us to work with a passionate, mission-driven group of folks who want to positively impact the lives of first responders and those that they serve.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remote anywhere in North America
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and architecture design reviews
- Mentoring engineers
- Working across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to create integrated solutions that delight our customers
- Improve our Engineering process, including long-term thinking, sprint planning and stand-ups
- Building services that adhere to our high bar on availability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Working with the latest open-source technologies
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing and delivering highly available, scalable cloud-based systems
- Backend service experience in multiple, managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Java, Golang or Scala programming experience
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges