Job Openings Field Application Engineer
About the job Field Application Engineer
- Provide technical support for the company's entire product line, including 5G, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS/HSPA, GSM/GPRS and GNSS wireless technologies.
- Provide Pre-Sales and Post-Sales technical support and customer training on company's wireless modules and development tools.
- Provide quick responses to customer technical enquiries, being prepared to travel for on-site support across north America.
- Be able to give product presentations and conduct product and tool training for customers on-site.
- Provide tangible feedback and feasible solutions to customers, based on their application requirements.
- Develop simple demonstration applications to help customers evaluate and integrate company's modules quicker and more effectively.
- Prepare Weekly Technical Reports indicating the support activity and open issue progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Computer, Automation, Electronics & Communications or other IT related fields.
- Three years or more experience in embedded product design or Firmware development in electronics.
- Good knowledge of GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/LTE/TCP/IP/GPS specification/standards
- Good knowledge of C/C++, Linux, android specification/standards is a plus
- Experience in development of peripheral driver and debug troubleshooting (USB, UART, I2C, I2S, SPI, SDIO, EMMC, PWM, Camera, LCD) is a plus
- Excellent demonstrating outstanding communication and presentation skills and being able to effectively communicate in a multicultural work and customer environment.
- Creative problem solver possessing good analytical and troubleshooting skills, able to manage and swiftly resolve all technical issues, delivering highest quality services to our customers.
- Be Self Motivated, able to work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and a predisposition for teamwork. Be a positive thinker and easily get along with others.
- Must be based in US/Canada.
- Must be a native English speaker or similar speaking level.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Experienced in embedded Linux, Android system, or other OSs.
- Experienced in 2G, 3G, NBIoT, CatM, LTE RF/Antenna design, tuning or testing.
- Experienced in module certificates, e.g. CE, FCC, GCF, PTCRB or carrier’s approval process.
- Had been working in IoT, PC notebook, auto electronics industries.
- Familiar with LTE/UMTS/HSPA/GSM/GPRS/GPS Wireless M2M Modules.
- Proficient C/C++, Perl, Python, Shell programming Skills.
- Knowledge of Wireless Network, mobile phone or wireless modem technologies including Bluetooth, WIFI, Zigbee, etc.
- Familiar with ARM microcontrollers architecture.