About the job Restaurant Supervisor
Restaurant Supervisor will perform the functions of a supervisor in locations including but not limited to complimentary venues, main dining room, and specialty restaurants.
While performing their supervisory role, the Restaurant Supervisor will supervise all the service and culinary aspects of restaurant operations and room service operations, greet and welcome guests at the door. He/She will ensure all employees are engaged in providing courteous and professional service to guests. The duties described below are performed personally or through subordinates.
Responsible for meeting or exceeding all KPIs that are directly influenced by this role.
Uses appropriate food and wine terminology and pronunciation.
· Knowledgeable of menu descriptions and beverage/wine lists in order to explain items appropriately and to enhance the guests' dining experience.
· Ensures venue set up is maintained as per standards (includes table and side station set up and overall ambience).
· Presents both food and beverage menus to guests, making appropriate recommendations based on guest preferences; knowledgeably answers questions regarding food and beverage menus and wine selections.
· Relays order to galley as required and serves courses from galley and beverages from various locations in a timely manner.
· Actively follows ServSafe responsible service of alcoholic beverages guidelines.
· Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and integrity of assigned station including (but not limited to) table pieces, side stands and chairs.
· Follows all Public Health requirements to the highest standard to ensure safety and well-being of crew and guests; always ensures adherence to Public Health rules and regulations.
· Depending on itinerary, may participate in dining room entertainment as directed by established activities and specific itinerary adaptations such as the theme night parades.
· Makes recommendations to entice guests while meeting management goals of reducing particular inventory stock and/or managing food costs.
· Drives revenue by ensuring thorough knowledge of various beverage and specialty dining options available to guests, securing reservations, based on guest preferences.
· Maintains costs through the proper use, handling and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
· Provides on-the-job leadership and guidance to Assistant Waiters/Waiters to strengthen their current performance and in preparation for possible advancement to a Waiter position.
· Demonstrates a passion for customer service excellence and understands the implications of cultural differences for service requirements.
· Follows all Standards with regards to service including greeting and escorting guests, using guests names and observing guests to anticipate needs. Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
· Takes ownership for guest issues/concerns and follows up to ensure resolution.
· Always provides guests with alternatives and avoids using the word No.
· Works with both the galley and beverage teams to ensure food and beverage quality control. Garnishes and decorates items as required prior to serving. Ensures that products are served according to brand standards.
· Promotes teamwork within venue to enhance sales performance and drive guest satisfaction.
· Partners with beverage team to ensure a seamless, end to end customer service experience.
Minimum age for all applicants is 21 years.
Must have clear criminal record.
Must not be on any chronic medication and have clear medical history.
Must have excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
· One to two years previous supervisory or restaurant management experience, preferably in 4- or 5-star restaurant.
· Extensive knowledge in the restaurant and/or food service industry. Ability to use appropriate food and beverage terminology and pronunciation.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of The Royal Way.
· Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function. Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing, and managing employees as they work. Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counselling to improve performance or
· Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes for the entire food service operation. Ability to communicate tactfully with, department heads, coworkers, and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
· Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within variety software packages such as Excel and Word.
· Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.