About the job Laundry Attendant MALES ONLY
Laundry Attendant MALES ONLY
The Laundry Attendant consistently conducts his/herself in a professional and courteous manner. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew member areas. Collect soiled linen, sorting, washing, ironing, dry cleaning and transferring linen designated areas as needed.
- Prepare soiled linen for washing.
- Sorting linen by degree of soil and type of fabric
- Ensure linen is free of garbage and sorted by colour.
- Check for any tears or damage of all clothes from guests and crew before washing and report any bad condition to the Laundry Master
- Load, using properly weighted loads and select proper formula on washers.
- Laundering of all onboard linen, Guest clothes, crewmembers' clothes and uniforms.
- Ironing and Dry Cleaning
- Inform the Laundry Master about any malfunction on finishing equipment or problems with safety mechanisms.
- Proper use of chemicals.
- Fold and stack linen on shelves.
- Inspect the quality of linen on shelves.
- Cleaning of all equipment.
- Minimum age for all applicants is 21 years.
- Must have clear criminal record.
- Must not be on any chronic medication and have clear medical history.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience and/ or training in the laundry field.
- Must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with guests, department heads and crewmembers to foresee and resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, processes.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a multicultural environment.
- Good level of English language