About the job Junior Payroll Purser
Junior Payroll Purser
This position is responsible to assist Administration Purser Payroll and T&A for the accurate recording and process of Adonis shipboard payroll for all owners crew, as well as for the Import/Export process of overtime hours, distribution of payroll envelopes to crewmembers and the collection of crew folio balances.
This position will assist the Administration Purser Payroll and T&A in the monitoring and compliance of the Time and Attendance card process, and the weekly and monthly timecard auditing process of all departments. Assist with all financially related duties as determined by the Financial Controller.
This position is viewed as the back-up to the Administration Purser Payroll and T&A in the event the Payroll Purser cannot fulfil the duties of the position.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards. In accordance with the Company's Service and Etiquette Philosophy program, each employee shall always conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellowship board employees, in the presence of guests or in crewmember areas.
1.Holds a float of $10,000 in order to assist crewmembers with various cash requirements.
Responsible for assisting crewmembers with foreign currency exchange using the BOA/GFC (Global Foreign Currency) application.
2. Responsible for assisting Administration Purser Payroll and T&A for the process of Semi-Monthly payroll for ALL shipboard departments as well as payments for sign off crewmembers.
3.Process of bar personnel gratuities, special functions, and supplemental pay.
- Generated gratuities from Bar Sales 15% (CEL) and 18% (AZA) as applicable.
- Extra tips and service charges as compensation
- Complimentary Private Party attendance
- Loading Attendance
- Top Seller Bonus
- Incentive for Special Sales
- Wine Special Bonus Incentive
- Water Sales breakdown for Incentive Program
- Gratuities distribution for paid special functions
4. Participates in the stuffing and distribution of payroll envelopes.
5. Responsible for assisting the Payroll Purser and T&A on the issuance of money orders to crewmembers, and the collection of money order fees.
6. Responsible for assisting the Payroll Purser and T&A with the crew wire transfer program, where crewmember wired monies to their personal bank accounts.
7. Assists the Administration Purser Payroll and T&A in the collection of bar bills during payroll distribution and throughout the voyage if required.
8. Responsible for assisting the Administration Purser Payroll and T&A in the preparation of payroll audits which must be scheduled after every payroll cycle is closed.
9. Enters working hours from timecards for the Financial Department into the Kronos system.
10. Collects timecards from all departments, ensuring that all entries are complete and correct.
11. Performs weekly Time & Attendance floor audits throughout the vessel and produces a Time & Attendance report.
12. Collects all Time & Attendance signature sheets from Department Heads on a monthly basis.
13. Organizes and stores all collected timecards once per month; to be held onboard for 12 months.
14. Prints and maintains records of employee contracts, showing the Basic Wages and overtime rates in cooperation with the HR Manager, who is ultimately responsible for proper entry of wages and overtime rates in the payroll system.
15. Ensures all contracts are properly signed, and T&A acknowledgement forms attached, before filing. Maintains proper filing system for all employee contracts, active and signed-off crew. Attaches tax declaration forms (W-4s) to contracts for US citizens and resident alien status.
16. Collects all ticket deposits as per the Airline Ticket Matrix/Policy, maintains records of all payments and refunds. Collects Travel Package for designated tipping personnel and handles the refund of the Travel Packages.
17. Responsible for air ticket sales.
18. Settles collected funds on voyage basis with Financial Controller.
19. Provides crew services as required, such as the sale of laundry tickets, raffle tickets, crew excursions, etc.
20. Handling and maintaining office equipment. Perform clerical work as requested by Supervisor.
21.This position must have an understanding of the Safety & Quality management Program, which includes his responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency plan and Station Bill.
22. The staff in this position must be available, capable, and ready to act upon, if an emergency occurs, which requires the expertise and participation.
23. Be aware of and acquire the necessary knowledge to comply with the ships standard operation, in order to assist guest and crew with inquiries.
24. Attend and participate in all mandatory lifeboat and safety drills on embarkation days, and any other port days as scheduled by the Master.
This position is responsible for direct and indirect cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, documents, and equipment. Operates a float in order to collect and reimburse air ticket deposits, sell airline tickets, laundry tickets, provide change for crew, exchange foreign currency for crew, collection of crew folio balances, etc.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good and cordial English communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- Minimum age for all applicants is 21 years.
- Must have clear criminal record.
- Must not be on any chronic medication and have clear medical history.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with guests, department heads and
- crewmembers to foresee and resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and Adobe Page Maker or related programs.
- Completion of high school or GED required, university degree preferred.