About the job Restaurant Host/ess
The Restaurant Host/ess is responsible for the pre voyage dining coordination (table assignments). Coordinates Select Dining table assignments and welcomes guest at the entrance. Consistently exhibits personal qualities of style, elegance, poise, and grace, while maintaining a positive attitude in a professional and friendly manner.
Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
· Ensures that pre voyage table assignments are created as per Shipboard Dining Coordination Manual and the dining coordination check list.
· Understands thoroughly the companys food and service standards, anticipating and fulfilling guests needs.
· Responsible for keeping track of all special orders and special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries for Dining. He/she communicates all the special orders to the wait staff to ensure the necessary ordered items such as special meals and cakes are delivered.
· Has basic knowledge of wines and wine service.
· Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ships standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
· Maintains a professional presence when faced with adverse situations and when coordinating many functions simultaneously.
· Stays above the line and accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including SGI, ratings, revenue, and expenses, USPH, Workplace Safety and Crew Satisfaction.
· Inspires team through encouragement and recognition of outstanding performance.
· Resolves conflict with fact-based communication.
· Fosters team unity and inspires commitment to Cruises.
· Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization.
· Creates a climate of trust and mutual respect.
· Knows the brand standards and holds teams accountable for executing against them at all times.
· Guest facing communication is professional, on brand and visually appealing.
· Is a role model for others and serves as a positive ambassador of Cruises.
· Exhibits professional leadership presence, positive energy, and passion in all situations.
· Brings out the best in his/her team through authenticity, care, and humility.
Minimum age for all applicants is 21 years.
Must have clear criminal record.
Must not be on any chronic medication and have clear medical history.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Passionate about people and able to handle sailor complaints with a smile!
Previous experience as a host in a luxury hotel or resort, convention centre, public relations or in a related hospitality function.
Exceptional customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, professional, and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively.
Must have excellent typing skills.
Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.
Must be able to work under pressure and unsupervised.
Excellent customer service and guest resolution skills required.
Physical & Language Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors, and co-workers.