About the job Assistant Repairman Aqua
Assistant Repairman Aqua
Responsible for maintaining the water chemistry, water quality, filtration, dosing and mechanical functions of all pool and fountain equipment (including but not limited to pumps, filter units, chemical dosing, recording equip. etc.). Maintaining aqua systems to comply with all USPH maintenance and reporting requirements. Maintain all the pools and Jacuzzis related machinery and equipment onboard in good running condition.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the ship.
In accordance with philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee always conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
· Responsible for maintaining all pools, Jacuzzis, fountains, flow riders and associated technical equipment in working order. Including pipe and hose replacement as well as mechanical repairs, if required.
· Maintains all pool, jacuzzi and fountain water chemistry and operations reports required by USPH and SQM.
· Must be Shipboard Pool Technician certified (COP is also adequate).
· Performs routine and unplanned maintenance required to keep all aqua venues fully operational.
· Report daily to the Facilities Manager (or to the FM Repair Supervisor Aqua for Freedom & Genesis class vessels) to make sure required aqua venues are ready to meet operational requirements.
· Coordinates with the proper authority (FM, Bridge or ECCR) for draining and refilling of pools and Jacuzzis.
· Notifies the Facilities Manager (or to the FM Repair Supervisor Aqua for Freedom & Genesis class vessels) immediately of the malfunction of any equipment that are safety, security, and operational related issues.
· Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
· Performs related duties as required. Should have basic knowledge of shipboard repairman and plumbing activities and procedures. May be called upon to assist with these functions in emergencies or under certain circumstances. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties.
assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum age for all applicants is 21 years.
Must have clear criminal record.
Must not be on any chronic medication and have clear medical history.
Must have excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
· Previous supervisory experience in a water park environment is essential.
· Minimum five years previous experience in a water park environment with a minimum three years of supervisory responsibilities of maintaining the water related equipment and areas in good working condition.
· Expertise in maintenance of water pumping, water chemistry, filtration, and monitoring equipment.
· Ability to apply customer service skills, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
· Ability to learn and utilize knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
· Ability to supervise a team of repairmen in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing, and managing employees as they work.
· Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counselling to improve performance or recommend termination of employment.
· Bachelor of Science Degree.
· While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.