About the job Plumber
This position shall carry out the work orders given by the Accommodations Maintenance Manager with regards to the performing of maintenance and repair work on the vessel piping systems and other systems similar in nature. He/she must be a skilled worker and be able to carry out all kinds of maintenance and repair work.
The Line expects each shipboard employee to consistently exemplify the principles of the STAR Program's Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship. It is every employees responsibility to always conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
1. The Line places the highest value on the environment and all Crewmembers shall do the same. This position shall work with supervisors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company's environmental policies and be committed to safeguarding the environment. He/shall direct and immediately inform his/her immediate supervisor if any environmental system does not function properly onboard.
2. Responsible for the maintenance and conservation of the plumbing, environmental, sanitary and pool systems, including piping, pumps, valves, and all other related components.
3. He/she must be able to work alternative shift schedules.
4. As necessary, the individual shall be available to perform basic tasks as instructed and directed by their supervisors on the vessel.
This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good and cordial English communication skills (oral and written)
- Minimum age for all applicants is 21 years.
- Must have clear criminal record.
- Must not be on any chronic medication and have clear medical history.
- 2 years previous experience onboard vessels
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to STAR program, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Welder certification (DNV, Lloyds)
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Completed STCW95 and social responsibility training.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.