About the job Traffic Light Operative
Traffic Light Operative, Watford. The Salary is £23,100 + London Waiting = £28,100
Are you looking for a new challenge? Something with fantastic earning potential, with no previous experience necessary? Then look no further
We're more worried about your approach a positive attitude, a hard-working disposition, and a willingness to go the extra mile.
Operatives have the potential to earn substantially more through overtime and on-call shifts as well as taking part in three levels of training.
- Company van + fuel card
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity packages
- Training is split into three levels and is linked to pay.
Our client is the UK and Ireland's biggest supplier of temporary traffic light equipment with 30 depots nationwide. We also manufacture and hire various other products which are often used in tandem with temporary traffic signals, products like CCTV cameras, ANPR, automatic work-zone protection barriers, and variable messaging signs.
Traffic light operatives are the backbone of the business. Day in, and day out, the operatives are on the front line with customers, you might say like the 4th emergency service, delivering on the partnerships that have enabled them to continue to grow over the last 25 years.
With no experience required, our client invests in comprehensive training for all new starters. They want to help you build a career, not just a job and there are fantastic progression opportunities and a clear pathway.
As a Traffic Light Operative (TLO), your main role will be installing, repairing, and removing temporary traffic lights. The nature of this role means hours will vary and can occasionally involve weekend work and night work.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Working to site Traffic Management plans.
- Implementing and configurating traffic control measures.
- Basic fault finding and resolution of company equipment.
- Signal maintenance and battery exchanges.
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures, and safe methods of working.
- You will promote a positive company image whilst at work, wearing company branded PPE.
The operative roles are fast-paced and active. There certainly wont be a dull day! Applicants for the role should bear in mind that the batteries in our traffic lights weigh 23kg each, so there can be quite a lot of manual handling involved day-to-day.
So, what does a good operative look like? To succeed in this role, you will need to be:
- Organised to help you keep on top of your workload.
- A fantastic communicator to keep your team-mates and customers in the loop.
- Flexible and adaptable, keep calm under pressure and multi-task as the days requirements and task-list evolve.
- Punctual and reliable. We need to know that you'll turn up and get the job done for our customers you are the face of the business, and our reputation is key!
- Energetic and enthusiastic! If you're looking for a desk job this is not for you! You will certainly burn a few calories
Experience and qualifications
- A full UK driving license is essential as you will have a company van/truck, this will be taken home at night. A safe place to park is essential. No more than 6 points on your license.
- A previous role in maintaining or operating temporary traffic systems.
- A previous electrical background would be beneficial