About the job Mobile Service Engineer
The Primary role of a Mobile Service Operative is to support the depot with daily tasks and to carry out inspection and repairs of our hire fleet at our customer's locations and sites. As a Mobile Service Operative, you will also carry out inspections to ensure our fleet of trailers are legally compliant through regular inspection, service, and repair, both on hire to customers and in our depots. Help our tech centre to carry out fleet upgrades as required. To meet objectives and targets set by the Regional Manager
Ensure that all works conducted within our depots and at our customer sites are undertaken with the full regard for the safety of yourself, your colleagues, and our clients, whilst ensuring all areas are always maintained to the highest standards of housekeeping.
Follow all company health and safety procedures, whilst being alert and able to identify potential hazards to ensure these risks are either removed or the hazard minimized to an acceptable level of risk.
· Responsible for the safe working procedures at all times.
· Responsible for carrying out full inspection, service and repair of trailers and hire fleet.
· Responsible for completing all relevant inspection paperwork for all assets that have been worked on. Identifying fair wear and tear and customer damage.
· Responsible for your van, work tools, spare stock, wearing the correct PPE and keeping the work area neat and tidy.
· No experience is required for this role as full training will be provided, however, as this is a field based role, a Full driving license with no more than 6 points (Mandatory) is required.
Although no experience is required, advantageous experience would include:
· Basic electrical knowledge
· Use of hand and power tools
· A basic knowledge of traffic light equipment
· CSCS card holder
· Competent in driving a company van and pickups up to 3.5 Ton in size.
· Competent in the towing of a trailer with plant equipment loaded.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
· Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to react to changing demands in a professional manner.
· Resourceful, and excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to deliver an excellent customer experience both internally and externally.
· A person who takes the safety of themselves and others as their number 1 priority
· Organized, trustworthy and initiative-taking.