About the job Maritime Field Engineers
We are looking for Maritime Communications Field Engineers based in Sydney, Australia. Basic salary of AUD 87500 + travel, time away payments, etc, OTE AUD 100k +. We are looking for several people with Maritime engineering experience in this round of recruitment due to company growth.
You'll be installing, commissioning, servicing, and supporting complex satellite, IT, and A/V systems on cruise ships, private super yachts, commercial vessels, and offshore facilities in Europe and elsewhere globally.
We would love to hear from you if you have excellent attention to detail and a proven ability to deliver the highest quality work in the demanding professional maritime industry.
Your fieldwork will be on vessels across Australia, New Zealand, and other regions. You'll be resourceful and enjoy the challenge of working independently in port and at sea. You must also be comfortable with small aircraft and helicopter and small boat transfers, working at heights, and being away from home for one to four weeks.
To keep you (and our client) at the top of the game, you'll receive initial and ongoing classroom training, online and on-the-job training, and other career development opportunities. If you aren't already, we want to help you develop to become the best in the industry.
The following skills and experience are essential:
- Minimum three years experience installing, commissioning, and fault-finding of commercial marine stabilised VSAT and TVRO, Ku, Ka, and C band products
- Interest in working with the latest MEO, LEO, and GEO satellite systems
- Outstanding fault-finding skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (Please send your cv in English)
- Satellite TDMA networks such as iDirect or Newtec
- Data and Voice networking
- RF fault finding and use of test equipment such as spectrum analysers
- Other marine electronics equipment
- Good mechanical, electrical, and other technical aptitudes to assist with installation and fault-finding work
- Ability and willingness to travel in Australia, Asia, and worldwide (70%)
- Appropriate industry or university qualifications
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (It may be possible to assist with visas for any competent and suitably qualified people who do not have the right to work in Australia.)
Examples of additional highly desirable skills, experience, and qualifications include:
- Cobham, Intellian, and/or Orbit marine stabilised antenna OEM qualifications
- Satellite TV distribution systems experience
- Crestron automation systems
- Sea time as a professional mariner
- Military communications technical experience
- Experience in one or all of our key markets of super yachting, cruise ships, and oil and gas
- In-depth networking and IT experience
- Technical help desk and support skills
An attractive salary package and other benefits will be offered to the suitable candidates. It may be possible to assist with visas for suitably qualified people who do not have the right to work in Australia. If you would like to discuss this role please call Adam on 00 44 7446991321