About the job Assembly Technician
The interviewing process for this role will start on the 5th of January.
The Assembly Technician plays a critical role in the manufacturing process by assembling components according to our internal specifications and quality standards.
With this role no two days are the same, one day you might be assembling metal work, signal heads, or wiring of the products and another day you could be prepping the products ready for dispatch. Working with a group of 14 people you will have your own tools, equipment, and workbench to maintain and clean.
This role comes with great incentives such as pizza Friday, group meetings to come up with new ideas and areas for the managers to develop, a relaxed work environment, overtime offered through the week and weekend paid at time and a half.
- Perform assembly tasks based on detailed instructions.
- You will be assembling components using hand and power tools.
- You will inspect all parts prior to use for defects, damages, and inconsistencies ahead of the assembly.
- You will perform your own quality check ahead of the final sign-off to ensure the product meets internal quality and specification standards.
- You will accurately record assembly data (quantities, part numbers, quality notes) and record assembly notes per internal guidelines.
- You will assist in the delivery of equipment to our depots and our customer locations.
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Product wiring knowledge.
- Knowledge of assembly techniques, tools, and equipment.
- Driving license
Personal Attributes / Skills:
- A person who takes the safety of themselves and others as their number one priority
- Someone who has the ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Someone who has strong communication skills.
- Someone who is comfortable working to strict deadlines and targets.
- Someone who is well organised and can think outside the box