Job Openings Software Quality Assurance Engineer
About the job Software Quality Assurance EngineerWe are looking for a Software Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Software QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g., defect densities and open defect counts.)
The Software QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Responsible for e2e test and release of new features with the best quality possible.
- Understand the product/feature in-depth from end-user point of view and the underlying implementation.
- Working closely with the Product Manager, Front End, and Backend developers to understand the feature and the implementation to derive and execute feature tests and impacted feature test cases.
- Debug failed test cases by analyzing logs and API responses and report bugs with details. Follow-up on bugs to closure.
- Execute & maintain UI (Web, Mobile app) and API automation suites. Debug and correct script and data issues in automation suites.
- Understand automation framework and add automation test cases for the new features and regression test cases.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent degree with at least 2 years of relevant working experience a Software QA Engineer/ Tester.
- Hands-on experience in testing Android, iOS Mobile apps and APIs preferably.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases for existing features, as well as for new features along with impacted features.
- Should have a deeper understanding of the product at the implementation level, should be able to analyze logs and API responses in the Micro-Service integration level.
- Should have exposure to Agile and weekly sprint and release working models.
- Should have coding experience and hands-on with automation (Web, Mobile app, PWA and API automation).
- Knowledge of Tools: Charles, Postman, UI Automation Tools(Selenium, Appium, etc..), Testing Frameworks (Mocha, TestNG, etc.. ), Languages (Any OOPs language, TypeScript, Go, Java, etc..).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player who endorses collaborative work style.