Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for a experienced Financial Controller to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team in Best (Eindhoven area), the Netherlands!
In this role, you are responsible for monitoring, optimizing and updating Heliox’ financial processes across all companies belonging to the Heliox Group Europe.
The Financial Controller performs operational tasks of the financial administration - from booking various administrations to compiling and consolidating annual financial statements and taking care of various tax returns. You create financial analyzes and prepare reports. It is your job to ensure that key controls are operating and documented on a monthly basis.
As the Financial Controller, you continuously exercise sound reasoning to research and analyze issues, to make decisions and to overcomes problems. You apply mathematical, logical, and statistical skills to interpret data, and can easily spot relations between figures and financial (process) flows within the company.
You continuously support the Finance Director by means of advising on financial, business and strategic issues. As the Financial Controller, you report directly to the Finance Director.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparation of budgets, forecast and cash flow
- Monthly and annual Financial Statement Close Processes
- Consolidation of Group companies and minority interests
- Sales invoicing of service tickets, project milestones, rental contracts and monthly SLAs
- Managing VAT and ICP returns/declarations and corporate taxes
- Administration & Reconciliation of Work In Process (WIP) positions
- Taking care of the Planning & Control cycle
- Providing liquidity forecasting and cash management
- Preparing KPIs for the financial department
- Analyzing profit and loss accounts and other financial reports
- Analyzing financial results in the appropriate legal entity (e.g. SOx, IFRS, US GAAP or Dutch GAAP)
- Managing and optimizing the AO / IC processes (administrative organization / internal control)
- Maintaining and improving the (financial) functionality of the ERP system (Navision)
- Following and reporting on developments in the financial field
- Preparing periodic reports, annual figures and P&L (Profit and Loss) reports
- Preparation of budgets and interim account statements;
- Cost reporting on (subsidized) R&D projects
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Preparation of monthly closing files
- Compiling, consolidating and checking annual account statements and other periodic re-ports
- Acting as a point of contact and advisor to the management on financial and tax issues
- Acting as point of contact for controllers and (external) accountants
- Providing coaching and direction to financial administrators (2-3 FTE)
- Master’s degree (or higher) – in Accountancy/Business Economics/Business Administration/MER
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of professional experience as a Financial Controller
- Hands on attitude - ability to implement accounting and reporting systems, and to set up procedures for smooth running of day to day financial operations
- Sound project management skills – ability to work with and to meet multiple deadlines under pressure
- Good understanding of IFRS reporting, financial accounting, management accounting, tax accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with ERP systems (MS Navision is preferred), MS Office, Tax filing systems
- Fluency in Dutch and English - other languages are a plus!
Above all, we expect your mindset to be all about Growth, agility and team focus. We want you to be a pro-active sparring partner to the management team for financial, administrative and fiscal topics – therefore, strong communication skills are really of an essence. We want you to be able to clearly exchange information via appropriate platforms to deliver reports/messages.
We offer you:
A challenging, pivotal role within a dynamic, international scale-up organization – and:
- a competitive salary, depending on your experience and competences;
- holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours, 31 holidays, travel cost allowance, training, etc.;
- a laptop and a mobile phone;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- energy at our office, with our fresh coffee (ground beans), our electric sit-stand desks and a selection of fresh fruit!
Recruitment agencies: we prefer to find our newest Helioxers ourselves. Please don't call us - we know where to reach you in case we need help.
Do you feel the ENERGY? APPLY!
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too.)
Want to become a Helioxer but in another function? Please check out our career page and follow us on LinkedIn!
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.