Team Lead Embedded Software Development
Team Lead Embedded Software Development
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team!
Curious about our mission? Check this 1-minute film starring our chargers at Schiphol Airport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWqV3iWWhBk
Heliox, with its global headquarters in The Netherlands, is reaching out to a ambitious Team Lead Embedded Software Development to enable further growth of Heliox Technology Inc., based out of Atlanta (GA).
Job description and tasks:
The embedded software development team lead will be a key role in Heliox’ international development team responsible for the design and modification of industry-leading heavy-duty-vehicle charging systems. This role will build and lead the North America software development team in order to meet the business needs for product features and capabilities controlled by the software on Heliox products.
The team lead of software development will report to the Director of Engineering.
This position is responsible for the building the team, developing processes, contributing to requirements, and setting and meeting deadlines for the development and improvement of Heliox product designs. Responsibilities of the team cover all aspects of the embedded software design including quality, cost, safety, performance, etc. The targets for these design aspects are defined in the top-level requirements established at the beginning of each product development project. To realize these requirements, the embedded software development team is responsible for developing documentation, developing designs, handling technical reviews, performing tolerance stack-up calculations, performing simulations, and performing testing as needed.
The North America embedded software development team, lead by the team lead of embedded software, will work with the rest of the development team as well as other departments to develop complete software design packages.
The team lead embedded software development is authorised to propose and build the required team, establish software processes, and lead the team in making technical selections and decisions necessary to reach the targets of the project.
Education & Experience:
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Software Engineering (embedded preferred), Computer Science
- At least 10 years of experience in embedded product design
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team of software engineers
- Experience working from requirements
- Direct experience with embedded software design
- Experience with PLCs
- Awareness of safety regulations (NFPA 70E, OSHA)
- Experience with product lifecycle management tools
- Experience in software testing (eg. unit testing, google test, and cpu test)
- Experience in team software development
- Experience in software development pipelines
Requirements & Competences:
- Safety oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent teamwork track record
- Working knowledge of Linux and embedded Linux
- Comprehensive understanding of revision control systems (SVN, CVS, Git, Gitflow, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of C and C++
- Collaborative software development
- In-depth knowledge of advance programmable logic controller programming
- In-depth knowledge of design for manufacturability
- In-depth knowledge of design for serviceability
- In-depth knowledge of design for reliability
- In-depth knowledge electrical characteristics
- Understanding of multiple controller systems and asynchronous operation
Preferred understanding of industry standards for charging:
- SAE J1772
- SAE J3105
- UL 2202
- UL 2231
- UL 2251
- OCPP 1.6 and/or 2.0
Detailed understanding of at least some of the following:
- Power Line Communication
Competent at reading schematics
Capable of working with a large degree of independence
Preferred awareness of DCHV systems up to 1500V
Strong work ethic
Preferred familiarity with the following tools:
- MS Teams
Fluent in English
We offer you
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Do you also feel the energy while reading about this open job position? APPLY!
More about Heliox:
Heliox is the Global Market Leader in charging infrastructure for electric transport solutions. At this time our reliable and robust products are being used in the world’s largest opportunity charged e-bus projects. We also deploy fast-charging infrastructure for electric trucks, port equipment and marine transport as a turn-key solution. Heliox is growing rapidly! Now, approximately 250 people are working at Heliox, but we expect to double that number by the end of 2022! Our (fast) charge systems have been installed in more than 20 countries all over the world. Over the last couple of years, we have won the prestigious FD Gazelle Award 4 times for fastest-growing company in the Netherlands. We have also won the VDV award for best electrical charging infrastructure and we are very proud of that.
Our core values are: Sustainable – Cooperative – Exploring – Sincere – Ambitious – Proud
Development Software Development Software