Project Engineer USA - Fulltime - travelling ~50%
Are you looking forward to joining us in making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions?
Together with the Project Manager and the Site Manager you are responsible for the day-to-day engineering work on our large, complex installation projects, all over the USA, and sometimes even in other continents. You will have responsibility for the realization of the project within planning, budget and quality standards.
In this role, you will work closely with your colleague Project Engineers and Project Managers. You will continuously share your knowledge and experiences, to increase the Project Manager’s independence to fully serve the customer within a project. You also collaborate with colleagues from Technical Support and Service Support and you will represent Heliox with external parties, like installers, OEMs, energy companies, etc.
You will report daily to the project manager and, hierarchically, to the Chief Project Officer.
You will travel ~50% of your time.
Curious about our projects? Check this 3:30 minute movie on the installation of our chargers at Schiphol Airport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWqV3iWWhBk
What will you do:
- Helping in pre-project and initial project phases by providing input to optimize the installation design to meet customer requirements within system limitations in the most optimal way.
- Initiating technical project and product requirement specifications based upon customer-specific requests and/or location-specific points of attention.
- Follow up on the planned work in the projects and ensuring a good quality solution to meet challenges in customer projects.
- Giving feedback to the Project Manager, in case certain deliverables are not possible in the planning.
- Providing answers and solutions for ad-hoc technical customer requirements.
- Initiating structural improvements based upon lessons learned from project activities. Instructions are made, manuals are updated, and information is passed on through presentations and/or training.
- Documenting given information to customers, in such a way that it is reusable for other customer projects.
- Providing reviews on documentation and/or manuals that correlate with customer projects, upon request by the R&D department.
- Creating reports on progress (MS Projects, Excel & PowerPoint).
A relationship builder in a technical project environment. You know what needs to be done when and how, to reach the project milestones on quality, timeliness, and budget, together with your team. You can take the lead where necessary, mitigate risks, perform root cause analyses and are comfortable with designing, checking and challenging project concepts at all levels in an organization.
You have good social and communicative skills, and you have cultural awareness and adaptability. You can negotiate and you have a natural talent for planning and organizing.
This is on your cv:
- Technical Bachelor or masters’ degree, preferably in Mechatronics/ Electronics/Systems Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Preferably an addition of a master’s in computer engineering or equivalent certificates.
- preferably additional safety certificate(s) valid for the designated region.
- You live in the state of Atlanta and you have an excellent command of the English language.
- 4+ years of experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic scale-up organization.
- Preferably 2+ years of working experience in the development, installation and/or implementation of embedded systems in a high-tech environment.
- Preferably 2+ years of working experience with power electronics/cascaded power systems and/or with embedded programming (or at least basic understanding and understanding architecture).
- Experience with construction and civil engineering work is a strong bonus.
- You know project management methodologies (e.g., Prince2, Scrum, Agile, IPM, Lean, etc.).
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. And:
- a contract on our Heliox Technologies Inc. entity.
- a salary between $ 4,500.- and $ 5,500.- gross per month (full-time), depending on your experience and competencies.
- good fringe benefits such as profit sharing and a personal bonus (both performance dependent), flexible working hours, 31 vacation days (FT), and training opportunities.
- a laptop and a mobile phone.
- a position in which you get a lot of freedom.
Recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit our newest Helioxers ourselves. Please do not call or mail us, we know where to reach you in case we need help!
Do you also feel the energy while reading this job content? APPLY!
Push the application button, upload your cv and answer 3 open questions https://eu.app.seedlinktech.com/en/survey/2909 (no motivation is needed, but you can send it if you want).
Any questions? Call our Corporate Recruiter Anne-Pauline Wessels +31(0)88-5016383 Or send a WhatsApp.
More about Heliox
Heliox is the Global Market Leader in charging infrastructure for electric transport solutions. At this time our reliable and robust products are being used in the world’s largest opportunity charged e-bus projects. We also deploy fast-charging infrastructure for electric trucks, port equipment and marine transport as a turn-key solution.
Heliox is growing rapidly! Now, approximately 170 people are working at Heliox, but we expect to double that number by the end of 2022! Our (fast) charge systems have been installed in more than 20 countries all over the world. Over the last couple of years, we have won the prestigious FD Gazelle Award 4 times for the fastest-growing company in the Netherlands. We have also won the VDV award for best electrical charging infrastructure and we are very proud of that.
Our core values: Sustainable – Cooperative – Exploring – Sincere – Ambitious - Proud
Engineer Bonus Working Experience Budget Milestones Lessons BASIC Manuals LinkedIn Excel Project Managers Customer Requirements ROOT Mail PowerPoint Civil Engineering Award Reviews Deliverables Energy Instructions R Architecture Travel Mechanical Engineering Infrastructure Electronics Engineers Scrum Specifications Technical Support Salary Presentations Programming Construction Education Documentation Project Management Engineering Design Planning English Training Management