Senior System Engineer
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for an experienced Senior System Engineer to join our team and to enable further growth of Heliox America, based in Atlanta (GA).
Heliox is the European leader in heavy duty fast charging systems. Building upon that success, Heliox is expanding operations into the Americas with an entire independently-functioning organization catering to the markets in this part of the world. This role leads development projects so it is critical to the success of the company.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Join our energetic team in Atlanta, GA!
Heliox is looking for a Senior System Engineer who will act as a subject matter expert for everything related to EVSE and integration with other systems. He/She will be manage and validate the system requirements for new and existing products. This position will be joining a small but fast-paced team of innovators.
- Deliver documentation or designs as required, capture requirements and use cases as required
- Develop test procedures to validate functionality (unit test, SIL, etc.)
- Create test plan definition for new products with continuous feedback for new hardware/software revisions
- Working knowledge of working with high power/high voltage products.
- Work with suppliers, and various Charge Point Operators.
- Work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility
- Work with product managers, project managers and technical teams in order to deliver high-quality products that meet business objectives
- BS/MS in Mechanical/Controls/Electrical/Computer Engineering or related area or equivalent experience
- 8-10 total years of experience (preferably in the e-mobility field).
- Hands-on experience with electrical and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex product
- System level engineering experience with electrical and mechanical systems
- Circuit design and analysis experience
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills, able to identify and surface issues within complex HW/SW systems
- Embedded SW experience with strong knowledge of: C, C++
- Experience with working with high power and/or high voltage products
- 2+ years of experience with EVs and EVSEs
- Proven working experience with EVSE and EV standards
- Understanding on the energy markets
- Linux, Python, Bash
- Standards including: SAE J1772, SAE J3105, ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, IEC 61851-1, IEC 61851-23, IEEE 2030.5, SAEJ3271
- OCPP 1.6J and 2.0.1
- Utility grade metering
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.