PLC Software Engineer
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for an experienced PLC Software Engineer to join our team, and we hope it's you!
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
In year 2021 we have continued our growth as the Market Leader in E-bus Infrastructure across Europe, and now we need people as excellent as our existing team and Products to support our expansion!
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team in Best (Eindhoven area), Netherlands!
As the PLC Software Engineer at Heliox, you will work in a welcoming and professional Software Testing and Development team. In total, the organization consists of 240+ colleagues.
You will be responsible for translating (software) requirements into well documented software design, after which you will implement in compliance with this design document. Unit/function level testing and supporting integration or system level testing will also be part of your responsibilities, when required.
In this role, you will report to directly to the R&D Manager.
- Writing PLC code in CoDeSys 2.3/3.5.
- Writing unit/functional tests in CoDeSys 2.3/3.5 or in an external tool talking to CoDeSys 2.3/3.5
- Creating software design documents
- Solving complex issues
- Attending product development team meetings
- Participating in software development meetings.
- Supporting in integration/system level testing.
- Writing software related documentation (e.g. release notes, configuration manuals, etc.).
- Together with your team, continuously improving the software development and testing process.
- A Bachelor's (HBO) or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, or other software related education;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar position, within a high-tech organization;
- Full proficiency of English (native or near native level) - Dutch is a bonus!
- Knowledge of PLC software development (IEC61131)
- Knowledge of CoDeSys 2.3/3.5 (not a must, but a bonus)
- Affinity with electric vehicles and charging stations
Who you are:
A true software developer; you are able to develop software from A to Z (from design to release) and you quickly understand new software related architectures, designs, and decisions. You like to deliver high quality work. You can teach non-technical colleagues new software concepts and, therefore, you are able to translate software concept descriptions to understandable, non-technical descriptions.
You have a pro-active, flexible attitude and you are a social, professional team-player in a multidisciplinary team.
We offer you:
A challenging, pivotal role within a dynamic, international scale-up organization – and:
- a competitive salary, depending on your experience and competences;
- holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours, 31 holidays, travel cost allowance, training, etc.;
- a laptop and a mobile phone;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- energy at our office, with our fresh coffee (ground beans), our electric sit-stand desks and a selection of fresh fruit!
Recruitment agencies: we prefer to find our newest Helioxers ourselves. Please don't call us - we know where to reach you in case we need help.
Do you feel the ENERGY? APPLY!
Push the application button and upload your CV.
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too.)
Want to become a Helioxer but in another function? Please check out our career page and follow us on LinkedIn!
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.