Project Engineer - North America
Project Engineer - North America
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team!
Curious about our mission? Check this 1-minute film starring our chargers at Schiphol Airport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWqV3iWWhBk
Heliox, with its global headquarters in The Netherlands, is reaching out to an experienced and ambitious Project Engineer to enable further growth of Heliox Technology Inc., based out of Atlanta (GA).
Together with the Customer Project Manager and the Site Manager you are responsible for the day-to-day engineering work on our large, complex installation projects and have responsibility for the realization of the project within planning, budget and to quality standards. You will support the sales/tenders teams to assess the scope of work (SOW), propose a technical solution for the quotation and prepare the SOW for the installation partners.
You work closely with your colleagues (Project Engineers / Customer Project Managers/ Technical Support / Service Support) and with external parties (Installers / OEMs / energy companies, etc.).
What will you do:
- Provide a basic design for the system (layout, amount of cables, cabinets ect) and provide a SOW to the installers.
- Asses the different engineering packages from suppliers/installers and make sure that interfaces are aligned.
- Support Supply chain in tendering and/or reviewing the installers offer and SOW.
- Providing final documentation for the project (installation manuals, drawings, calculations, etc).
- You will work closely with installers to provide them with the technical details of the Heliox products to realize a fully functional system on paper. Together with site managers you will be realizing this installation on site, do various checks on the installation and collect data.
- Sharing knowledge and experiences with the other PE’s and PM’s independency to fully serve the customer within a project.
- Helping in pre-project and initial project phases by providing input to optimize the installation design to meet customer requirements within system limitations in most optimal way.
- Initiating structural improvements based upon lessons learned from project activities.
- Initiating technical project requirement specifications based upon customer specific request and/or location specific points of attention.
- Initiating technical product requirement specifications based upon customer specific request and/or location specific points of attention.
- Ensuring a good quality technical solution to meet challenges in customer projects.
- Initiating structural/standards improvements based on solutions and/or processes introduced in customer projects. Instructions are made, manuals are updated and information is passed on through presentations and/or trainings.
- Keep track of the planning with regards to the engineering milestones, this will be fed back to the customer PM.
- Providing reviews on documentation and/or manual. Providing the final documentation for the Projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably in Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum two years of working experience as an Electrical Engineer preferred.
- Minimum of two years of working experience with installations and site experience preferred
- Experience with tendering and contractors. Experience with estimating tender is an advantage.
- Good social and communicative skills are required, fluent speaking and writing in English is a must.
We offer you
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Do you also feel the energy while reading about this open job position? APPLY!
More about Heliox:
Heliox is the Global Market Leader in charging infrastructure for electric transport solutions. At this time our reliable and robust products are being used in the world’s largest opportunity charged e-bus projects. We also deploy fast-charging infrastructure for electric trucks, port equipment and marine transport as a turn-key solution.Heliox is growing rapidly! Now, approximately 250 people are working at Heliox, but we expect to double that number by the end of 2022! Our (fast) charge systems have been installed in more than 20 countries all over the world. Over the last couple of years, we have won the prestigious FD Gazelle Award 4 times for fastest-growing company in the Netherlands. We have also won the VDV award for best electrical charging infrastructure and we are very proud of that.
Our core values are: Sustainable – Cooperative – Exploring – Sincere – Ambitious – Proud
Performance Supply Chain Bonus ARe Cables Data Working Experience Support Lessons Budget Milestones Interfaces Calculations Manuals BASIC Customer Requirements LinkedIn Project Managers Checks Award Electrical Engineering Reviews Energy Instructions Supply Engineers Infrastructure Specifications Contractors Technical Support Presentations Writing Suppliers Documentation Engineering Design Planning Sales English Training