Field Services Engineer (Barcelona, Spain)
Join and help us make the world a smarter, innovative & more sustainable place!
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading e-mobility Platform to support the change within Urban Transportation.
In 2021/22 we have continued our growth as the Market Leader in eBus Infrastructure across Europe, and now we need people as excellent as our existing team and products to support our expansion!
We provide world class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape. Due to our continued success we are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our innovative team in Barcelona, Spain.
The Field Service Engineer performs preventive and corrective maintenance, as well as support and commissioning activities for Heliox' products and solutions.
- Responsible for on-site installing, testing, maintaining and repairing charging solutions for electric buses, e-trucks and other high utilization transportation solutions.
- Be able to give on-line technical support to colleagues, technical service partners and customers.
- Maintaining our product line in the form of repairs, modifications and maintenance.
- Preparing test and service reports.
- Developing suggestions for improvements to our products and services.
- Quality control third party technical service partners
- Provide onsite commissioning activities inclusive of Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Assisting as a technician of the 3rd line support in solving malfunctions
- Programming, performing input/output tests and measurements, on-line and on-site
- Provide preventive and corrective maintenance as needed
- Provide onsite training to customers
- Diagnosis of failures in case of abnormal product performance
- Update and enhance service documentation
- Prepare the necessary tools, materials, documentation, permits, travel arrangements and briefings as needed
- Keep record of all service activities according company procedures
- Support the 24x7 Helpdesk on regularly basis
- Support development with deployment, testing, and feedback of new products
- Provide first line of company-support in case of technical product issues
- Bachelor degree in Electronics and/or Mechatronics or equivalent
- VCA/VCA-Vol certificate (or any other relevant safety certificate)
- Minimum 3-5 years of (current) commissioning and/or service work experience
- Experience with electrical installations
- Experience with troubleshooting invertors, electronics, wiring, and cooling systems
- Experience with serial communication and tools (CAN, EtherCAT, RS485, RS 232, etc.)
- Knowledge of safety regulations (NFPA 70E, OSHA)
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Adept at using computers
- Adept at reading circuit schematics
- Fluent in Spanish and English language - any additional foreign language is a bonus!
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Solid communication skills verbal & written
We can offer you:
- an innovative scale-up working environment
- Chance to be a part of one of the most exciting e-mobility projects in Europe.
- Unrivalled career progression
- an adaptable environment working
- competitive salary, 31 days of holiday, lunch coupons, health insurance
- last but not least - an opportunity to contribute towards cleaner and greener world of the future!
Do you feel the Energy? Apply with your CV!
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too.)
Any questions? Call our Corporate Recruiter Debby Bastiaansen at 0031 - (0)6-11183562.
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
At Heliox we are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday. Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Operating globally, Heliox's HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
Curious about our mission? See a short movie starring our chargers at Schiphol airport (Amsterdam)!
*At Heliox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.