Field Services Engineer (Los Angeles, CA)
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team!
The Field Service Engineer performs preventive & corrective maintenance as well as support and commissioning activities for Heliox Technology products and solutions across North America.
Responsible for on-site installing, testing, maintaining and repairing charging solutions for electric buses, e-trucks and other high utilization transportation solutions. Be able to give on-line technical support to colleagues, technical service partners and customers.
- Maintaining our product line in the form of repairs, modifications and maintenance.
- Preparing test and service reports.
- Developing suggestions for improvements to our products and services.
- Quality control third party technical service partners
- Provide onsite commissioning activities inclusive of Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Assisting as a technician of the 3rd line support in solving malfunctions
- Programming, performing input/output tests and measurements, on-line and on-site
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance
- Provide onsite training to customers
- Diagnosis of failures in case of abnormal product performance
- Update and enhance service documentation
- Prepare the necessary tools, materials, documentation, permits, travel arrangements and briefings as needed
- Keep record of all service activities according to company procedures
- Support the Helpdesk on regularly basis
- Support development with deployment, testing, and feedback of new products
- Provide first line of company-support in case of technical product issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and/or Mechatronics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of field, maintenance, and/or service work experience
- Trained in construction, industrial and/or electrical safety
- Experience with electrical equipment and systems installation
- Experience with troubleshooting invertors, electronics, wiring, and cooling systems
- Experience with serial communication and tools (CAN, EtherCAT, RS485, RS 232, etc.)
- Knowledge of safety regulations (NFPA 70E, OSHA, TUV, etc.)
- Customer-facing experience and knowledge of service principles and practices
- Adept at using computers (Office, Diagnostic software, slack, sharepoint)
- Adept at reading circuit schematics
- Fluent in English language
- Ability to travel within your region and internationally (optional)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Solid communication skills verbal & written
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
- Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
- Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
- Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
- Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
- Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal