System Integration & Validation Engineer
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team!
As a System Integration & Validation Engineer at Heliox, this engineer will perform integration and validation testing activities on Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE).
Typical day will include the following:
- Analyzing system and software requirements, and then creating test cases
- Conducting a wide range of system testing, primarily lab based on HIL bench setups
- Documenting issues discovered and working with software & system teams to ensure they are equipped with information to resolve the issues.
- Software and Model Development activities associated with development of HIL (Hardware In the Loop) and SIL (Software In the Loop) system setup.
- Develop automated test framework and regression test suites
- master data, update BoMs, and ensure accurate system pricing.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Mechanical and 0-2 years of experience
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as MATLAB, LabVIEW, C, Python or similar
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators or general lab gear
- Sound electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, or power electronics engineering are essential
- System level engineering experience with electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience designing and conducting test cases for complex electronic systems
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
- Highly dynamic, energetic and driven personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization
- 2+ years of experience with EVs and EVSEs
- Proven working experience with EVSE and EV standards
- Understanding on the energy markets
- Linux, Python, Bash
- Standards including: SAE J1772, SAE J3105, ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, IEC 61851-1, IEC 61851-23, IEEE 2030.5, SAEJ3271
- OCPP 1.6J and 2.0.1
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, and training opportunities.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
- Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
- Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
- Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
- Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
- Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Generators Bonus Working Experience System Testing Mining Religion Sustainability Bash Savings Electrical Engineering Energy Programming Languages Validation Test Cases Matlab Transportation Problem Solving Supply Electronics Infrastructure Integration Programming C Linux Python Education Software Testing Engineering Communication Science Training Management