Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
Heliox, with its global headquarters in The Netherlands, is reaching out to an experienced and ambitious Project Engineer to enable further growth of Heliox Technology Inc., based out of Atlanta (GA).
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic team in Atlanta, GA!
The Project Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day engineering work on our large, complex installation projects and has responsibility for the realization of the project within planning, budget and to quality standards. You will support the sales/tenders teams to assess the scope of work (SOW), propose a technical solution for the quotation and prepare the SOW for the installation partners.
You work closely with your colleagues (Project Engineers / Customer Project Managers/ Technical Support / Service Support) and with external parties (Installers / OEMs / energy companies, etc.).
- Project Design and Engineering: Utilize your expertise in mechatronic engineering and electrical systems to improve design and develop DC fast charging infrastructure projects. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, drive and create innovative solutions that align with industry standards and safety regulations.
- Technical Documentation: Generate detailed technical documentation, specifications and project reports. Review technical site plans and provide feedback and comments. Maintain accurate and organized records throughout the project lifecycle.
- 3D CAD Modeling: Leverage your proficiency in SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software to create detailed models of charging infrastructure equipment and components when necessary.
- Site Assessment: Occasionally conduct site assessments to evaluate project plans and site layout. Work with customer, electrical installer and possible utility companies to assist with expertise on charging infrastructure equipment. Work closely with installers to provide them with the technical details of the Heliox products to realize a fully functional system on paper
- Collaboration and Coordination: Work closely with internal teams, external vendors and contributors to ensure seamless project execution. Occasionally support Project Managers to communicate project updates and progress to stakeholders, fostering a collaborative environment.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: Develop and implement high quality procedures for equipment installation and system integration.
- Research and Innovations: Stay abreast of advancements in EV charging technologies, industry trends, and emerging standards. Suggest and implement innovative solutions to enhance the efficiency and performance of charging stations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, preferably in Mechatronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2years of relevant work experience in project engineering, with focus on electrical systems or infrastructure and construction development.
- Working proficiency in 3D CAD software, particularly SolidWorks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools for design, and documentation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to occasional travel as required for site visits and project implementation.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license or relevant certifications.
- Previous experience in the electric vehicle charging industry or related renewable energy projects.
- Previous experience in construction and design projects.
- Familiarity with EV charging standards and protocols (e.g., CCS, SAE-J3105, J1775.)
- Knowledge of energy storage systems and smart grid integration.
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Do you feel the ENERGY? APPLY!
Push the application button and upload your CV.
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too.)
Want to become a Helioxer but in another function? Please check out our career page and follow us on LinkedIn!
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.