Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team!
The Project Manager plays a critical role in launching some of the largest cutting-edge eMobility projects in the world. As a vital team member in the US Headquarters, you will harbour a variety of projects to ensure operational excellence through effective budgeting, accurate scheduling, and precise leadership.
You work closely with your colleagues (Project Engineers / Purchasing / Technical Support / Service Support) and with external parties (Installers / OEMs / energy companies, etc.) to launch and facilitate customer and internal projects.
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers;
- Launch new products with world class development engineering teams and modern manufacturing plants;
- Create and manage unique engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) stages and schedules;
- Finding and managing subcontractors based on project scale and requirements;
- Control and manage project change order and submittals;
- Execute customer acceptance and effective handoff into service;
- Check and prepare site management reports, designs and drawings;
- Check (financial) agreements (which sometimes have to be made on the site itself);
- Control budgets and change management with clients and suppliers;
- Hedge risk through problem solving and business sense;
- Communicate timely, efficiently and openly (giving instructions & keeping everyone well informed of the progress);
- Participate and manage new project bids.
Safety and Procedures
- Ensure safety of the installation, construction and work environment at the site;
- Maintain quality control procedures;
- Facilitate safety inspections; ensure site meets regulations as applicable to authorities having jurisdiction.
Reporting and Aftercare
- Regular reporting on progressions, customer requests, installed equipment, product performance, and SHEQ;
- Weekly reporting on KPIs on planning, budget, pricing and quality to the CPO and MT;
- Negotiation management in contract and claims towards customers and suppliers;
- Effectively document and closeout projects ensuring success in service and continued business.
Skills and Qualifications
- a completed technical Bachelors or masters degree (in e.g.: Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Mechatronics);
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager for large, complex projects, preferably in the energy and/or installation industry.
- 2+ years of experience with construction and civil engineering work is a bonus. EV, renewable energy, transit experience a plus
- EPC Contract experience (Up to $10M.) Comfortable working with legal counsel on contracts.
- Familiarity with government contracts and Davis-Bacon Labor Relations is a plus.
- knowledge of project financing and project management methodologies is a strong advantage (e.g. Prince2, Scrum, Agile, IPM, Lean, etc.). PMP Preferred
- Travel 35%
- energetic and flexible
- strong communication and organizational skills
- proactive and independent
- a positive attitude
- an expert in planning & organizing
- ability to lead a diverse team
- a relationship builder
- cultural awareness and adaptability
- a critical thinker
- reporting skills
- Drivers License
- the customer always in mind!
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
- Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
- Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
- Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
- Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
- Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Bonus Operational Excellence Bids Mining Religion Sustainability Industrial Engineering Savings Electrical Engineering Energy Civil Engineering Instructions Change Management Mechanical Engineering Transportation Travel Problem Solving Quality Control Government Purchasing Budgeting Infrastructure Manufacturing Scrum Technical Support Procurement Negotiation Regulations Construction Scheduling Suppliers Project Management Leadership Planning Engineering Communication Business Training Management