Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for an experienced Financial Controller to join our team, and we hope it will be you.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team in Best (Eindhoven area), Netherlands.
In this role, you are responsible for monitoring, optimizing and updating Heliox’ financial processes across all companies belonging to the Heliox Group Europe.
The Financial Controller performs operational tasks of the financial administration - from booking various administrations to compiling and consolidating annual financial statements and taking care of various tax returns. You create financial analyzes and prepare reports. It is your job to ensure that key controls are operating and documented on a monthly basis. You continuously support the Finance Director by means of advising on financial, business and strategic issues.
Your main responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Preparation of budgets, forecast and cash flow
- Monthly and annual Financial Statement Close Processes
- Consolidation of Group companies and minority interests
- Sales invoicing of service tickets, project milestones, rental contracts and monthly SLAs
- Managing VAT and ICP returns/declarations and corporate taxes
- Administration & Reconciliation of Work In Process (WIP) positions
- Taking care of the Planning & Control cycle
- Providing liquidity forecasting and cash management
- Preparing KPIs for the financial department
- Analyzing profit and loss accounts and other financial reports
- Analyzing financial results in the appropriate legal entity (e.g. SOx, IFRS, US GAAP or Dutch GAAP)
- Managing and optimizing the AO / IC processes (administrative organization / internal control)
- Maintaining and improving the (financial) functionality of the ERP system (Navision)
- Following and reporting on developments in the financial field
- Preparing periodic reports, annual figures and P&L (Profit and Loss) reports
- Preparation of budgets and interim account statements;
- Cost reporting on (subsidized) R&D projects
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Preparation of monthly closing files
- Compiling, consolidating and checking annual account statements and other periodic re-ports
- Acting as a point of contact and advisor to the management on financial and tax issues
- Acting as point of contact for controllers and (external) accountants
- Providing coaching and direction to financial administrators (2-3 FTE)
We expect you to have:
- Master’s degree (or higher) – in Accountancy/Business Economics/Business Administration/MER
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of professional experience as a Financial Controller
- Hands on attitude - ability to implement accounting and reporting systems, and to set up procedures for smooth running of day to day financial operations
- Sound project management skills – ability to work with and to meet multiple deadlines under pressure
- Good understanding of IFRS reporting, financial accounting, management accounting, tax accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with ERP systems (MS Navision is preferred), MS Office, Tax filing systems.
- Fluency in Dutch and English - other languages are a plus!
Above all, we expect your mindset to be all about Growth, agility and team focus. We want you to be a pro-active sparring partner to the management team for financial, administrative and fiscal topics – therefore, strong communication skills are really of an essence. We want you to be able to clearly exchange information via appropriate platforms to deliver reports/messages.
As a Financial Controller, you continuously exercise sound reasoning to research and analyze issues, to make decisions and to overcomes problems. You apply mathematical, logical, and statistical skills to interpret data, and can easily spot relations between figures and financial (process) flows within the company.
We can offer you:
- A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place
- An open environment where you can continuously develop yourself
- A very competitive salary, depending on your experience and competencies
- Excellent fringe benefits such as profit sharing and a personal bonus (both performance dependent), flexible working hours, 31 vacation days (FT), and training opportunities
- Great energy at our office, with fresh coffee (ground beans), our sit-stand desks and a selection of fresh fruit everyday!
Do you feel the energy while reading about this job position? Apply!
We design, build, install, maintain and monitor smart energy management solutions, tailor-made for all vehicle types, that support any business’ e-mobility transition.
Heliox provides world class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is the standard for every electric vehicle, and this transforms the way we power our everyday.
Founded in 2009, Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within public transport, e-trucks, passenger vehicles, marine, mining and port equipment. In 2017, the company installed one of Europe’s first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created ‘model city’ energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland. Operating globally, the company is headquartered in the Netherlands with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
Recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit our newest Helioxers ourselves. We will not respond to calls or emails; we know where to reach you in case we need help!
Coffee Controllers Support Bonus Management Skills Performance Environment ERP Religion Accountants Management Accounting Cash Management Stakeholder Management Milestones Mining Returns Consolidation Financial Accounting Cash Flow Invoicing Energy Tax R Interpersonal Skills Financial Statements Forecasting Salary Filing Coaching Cash Economics MS Office Pressure Administration Accounting Research Preparation Finance Project Management Planning Design Communication Business English Sales Training Management