Product Sourcing Engineer
Product Sourcing Engineer
Are you an energetic Product Sourcing Engineer who likes to drive sourcing activities in New Product Introduction Projects. Do you enjoy finding solutions, industrializing the supplier base and drive Product Cost Roadmaps focused on cost, quality and risk improvements? Do you have good engineering knowledge and experience with supplier engagement in knowledge driven product development?
Then we have a great opportunity for you: come join us to make the world a cleaner place by actively supporting the energy transition!
As a Product Sourcing Engineer, you will engage early in NPI projects to exploit innovative solutions on cost, quality and risk from the supplier base, to industrialize these suppliers and to transfer the projects to Manufacturing and Procurement. You will drive an execute the sourcing plan. Gather and engage suppliers. Capture supplier innovation in the products to optimize the propositions and achieve the best value for Heliox and its customers.
You have an important role in the product cost reduction and quality improvement process.
- You will conduct Design for Excellence activities to identify opportunities to improve product costs, quality and risk;
- You will develop innovative solutions to simplify, standardize, or platform components or assemblies across the portfolio;
- Manage phase in/out of the new product projects and transfer to production;
- Ensure supplier readiness and installed capacity for NPI launch and ramp;
- You will keep good relationships with suppliers and gather new information about their products.
The Product Sourcing Engineer will be part of the Heliox Procurement department (6 FTE) and reports to the team lead Procurement.
This is you
You are a key player in early phase innovation or in the manufacturing phase. As an engineering professional you are interested in cost reduction, quality improvement, and risk reduction via supplier engagement in NPI projects. You know how to build strong relations with suppliers, have great attention to detail and good social skills. You have the ability to quickly understand new designs, and decisions. You are pro-active, which means that you don't wait for an assignment but take action yourself.
You have these qualifications and experience
- BSc degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering or other relevant discipline;
- > 5 years experience in engineering or supply chain
- Experience in R&D, Ops, and/or Quality
- Cross-functional influencing, excellent and effective communication skills, innovative leadership, engineering curiosity and willingness to experiment
- Lean, Dfx, PDLM, understanding of the principles of materials / goods flow
Heliox provides world class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is the standard for every electric vehicle, and this transforms the way we power our everyday.
Founded in 2009, Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within public transport, e-trucks, passenger vehicles, marine, mining and port equipment. In 2017, the company installed one of Europes first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created model city energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, UK and Montgomery County, US. Operating globally, the company is headquartered in the Netherlands with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
Our company is unique, with lots of freedom and room for creativity. But with stiff goals and ambitions, too. We need to perform and we are looking for the best. When others push you back and say it cannot be done, you will prove them wrong by finding alternative ways. If you need to run the extra mile, you will do it. Because you make our ambitions happen.
A challenging pivotal role within an inspiring international scale-up organization and:
- Good salary and bonus.
- Flexible working hours, 31 holidays, travel cost allowance, training.
- A laptop and a mobile phone.
- An open environment where you can learn and develop yourself.
Do you feel the energy while reading this job content? APPLY! Send your resume to [email protected]
Any questions? Call Corporate Recruiter Marieke Maenen +31 6-15010463.
Also want to become a Helioxer but in another role? Please check out www.heliox-energy.com and follow us on LinkedIn!
Our core values: Sustainable-Cooperative-Exploring-Sincere-Ambitious-Proud
Curious about our mission? Check this 1-minute film starring our chargers at Schiphol Airport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWqV3iWWhBk
Bonus Cost Reduction Mining Resume Sourcing Energy LinkedIn Product Development BSC Components R Travel Supply Salary Manufacturing Procurement Materials Suppliers Leadership Engineering Design Communication Training Management