Team Lead - Embedded Software Development
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for anew colleague, and we hope it's you! Due to our continued success we are seeking an an experienced Team Lead -Embedded Software Development Engineer to join our innovative team, and to enable further growth of Heliox Technology Inc., based out of Atlanta (GA).
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team in Atlanta, GA!
The embedded software development team lead will be a key role in Heliox's international development team responsible for the design and modification of industry-leading heavy-duty-vehicle charging systems. This role will build and lead the North America software development team in order to meet the business needs for product features and capabilities controlled by the software on Heliox products.
This position is responsible for the building the team, developing processes, contributing to requirements, and setting and meeting deadlines for the development and improvement of Heliox product designs. Responsibilities of the team cover all aspects of the embedded software design including quality, cost, safety, performance, etc. The targets for these design aspects are defined in the top-level requirements established at the beginning of each product development project. To realize these requirements, the embedded software development team is responsible for developing documentation, developing designs, handling technical reviews, performing tolerance stack-up calculations, performing simulations, and performing testing as needed.
The North America embedded software development team, led by the team lead of embedded software, will work with the rest of the development team as well as other departments to develop complete software design packages.
Education & Experience:
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Software Engineering (embedded preferred), Computer Science
- At least 10 years of experience in embedded product design
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team of software engineers
- Experience working from requirements
- Direct experience with embedded software design
- Experience with PLCs
- Awareness of safety regulations (NFPA 70E, OSHA)
- Experience with product lifecycle management tools
- Experience in software testing (eg. unit testing, google test, and cpu test)
- Experience in team software development
- Experience in software development pipelines
Requirements & Competences:
- Safety oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent teamwork track record
- Working knowledge of Linux and embedded Linux
- Comprehensive understanding of revision control systems (SVN, CVS, Git, Gitflow, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of C and C++
- Collaborative software development
- In-depth knowledge of advance programmable logic controller programming
- In-depth knowledge of design for manufacturability
- In-depth knowledge of design for serviceability
- In-depth knowledge of design for reliability
- In-depth knowledge electrical characteristics
- Understanding of multiple controller systems and asynchronous operation
- Preferred understanding of industry standards for charging:
- SAE J1772
- SAE J3105
- UL 2202
- UL 2231
- UL 2251
- OCPP 1.6 and/or 2.0
- Detailed understanding of at least some of the following:
- Power Line Communication
- Competent at reading schematics
- Capable of working with a large degree of independence
- Preferred awareness of DCHV systems up to 1500V
- Independently motivated
- Strong work ethic
- Preferred familiarity with the following tools:
- MS Teams
- Fluent in English
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Do you feel the ENERGY? APPLY!
Push the application button and upload your CV.
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too.)
Want to become a Helioxer but in another function? Please check out our career page and follow us on LinkedIn!
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.
Bonus Software Design REST Product Design CVS Pipelines Mining Religion Sustainability Calculations Savings Unit Testing Reliability Energy Features Reviews LinkedIn Product Development Transportation Infrastructure Software Development C++ Regulations Programming C Computer Science Linux Git Teamwork Education Documentation Software Testing Engineering Design Communication Business Science English Training Management