Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
Heliox, with its global headquarters in The Netherlands, is reaching out to an experienced and ambitious Senior Embedded Software Engineer to enable further growth of Heliox Technology Inc., based out of Atlanta (GA).
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic team in Atlanta, GA!
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be a key part of Heliox’s international development team responsible for the software design and modification of industry-leading heavy-duty-vehicle charging systems.
- Primarily responsible for the software development, testing, documentation and maintenance of Heliox products.
- Actively contribute to all aspects of the system architecture design and development considering quality, security, performance, cost, and safety.
- Contribute to Software architecture and development for new products, prototype, or re-design.
- Support other software teams in both development and production environments.
- Self-motivated and pro-active in finding solutions to existing and new challenges.
- 6+ years’ software engineering experience in embedded systems for a larger-scale C/C++ code base in consumer products.
- 2+ years’ experience with leading embedded system projects from concept to production.
- Proficiency with object-oriented design methodologies and design patterns.
- Knowledge of agile software development lifecycle methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Good experience with hardware communication interfaces such as CAN, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, and power line communication
- Good experience with test driven development (TDD), unit, integration and end-to-end testing (GoogleTest, Cpputest, and pytest).
- Good technical and non-technical communication skills with team and stakeholders.
- Experience with Linux tools such as Bash, command line, and system internals.
- Experience with CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Docker, SonarQube, Git, JFrog, Ansible, and Selenium.
- Experience with mentoring junior software developers.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Proficiency with embedded software programming paradigms such as state machines.
- Experience with best practices in software security and network protocols.
- Working knowledge of embedded tools such as scopes, protocol analyzers, etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Splunk, ELK, etc.
- Experience with EV charging standards (IEC61851, ISO15118, DIN70121) or automotive industry.·
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent practical experience.
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
Across 40 cities and 20 countries
3000 carbon tons savings
6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.