At Heliox we make Ultra-Fast Chargers to support the transition towards an Electric World. Working with some of the leading names in the Automotive industry we are powering the future of E-Mobility. Along with our Market Leading Hardware we are also creating Smart Energy Management Solutions (Charging as a Service) to provide the platform to manage your Energy needs at an Enterprise level.
Heliox has come a long way since our first landmark E-bus project in 2017, we now provide global Charging Solutions to a variety of large vehicles… even electric Ferries! Over the past two years Heliox has also created a ‘model city’ energy ecosystems around the world in cities including Den Bosch - Netherlands, Glasgow -Scotland and Montgomery County - Maryland (USA).
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join the team, and if you have most of the background below we hope it’s you!
Our Manufacturing Engineer has a 'bridging function' between outsourced production within various plants and our internal departments like engineering, project management and quality.
He/she is responsible for setting up and optimizing the external production process in terms of quality and efficiency by devising and implementing technical solutions and improvements within the development and production processes. In addition, he/she provides a system to measure the process in the above areas.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with direct and Indirect staff of Operations, Project teams, suppliers and manufacturing partners.
- Setting up new manufacturers around Europe and introducing new products for existing manufacturers.
- Analyzing production process and making improvement proposals in the field of quality and efficiency.
- Analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Designing testing methods for testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Executing and implementing own improvement proposals in close cooperation with the operational team and the engineering.
- Determining best practices at the different factories around the world and then standardizing these across the different locations.
- Designing, constructing, and implementing tooling to improve production.
- Sharing knowledge with the engineering department within new development projects in relation to the production process so that "efficient & high-quality manufacturing" can be ensured as early as the design phase, thereby enabling new designs to be produced in increasingly higher numbers.
- Together with the operations team, set up and execute the production strategy.
- Training and guiding technicians where necessary.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creating frequent update reports on Products & Processes, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Improved manufacturing efficiency.
- Assured product and process quality.
- Product and process reports.
- Manufacturing engineering information.
- Completed design and development projects.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar position, within a high-tech organization;
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (manufacturing, mechanical, electrical or electronic) or e.g., Life Science & Technology.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology - including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Experience with manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and tool design.
- Knowledge of hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, and the associated relevant technical skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and product standards, like ISO9001, ISO14001 and IP ratings.
- Basic knowledge of CAD systems. Ability to review simulations for mechanically assembly ease prior to design release is a bonus!
- Full proficiency of English (native or near native level) - Dutch (or another major European language) is a bonus!
- Planning and organizing.
- Dealing with Complexity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- Having an overview of the total process as well as a view of the individual parts.
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations.
- Ability to separate main issues from minor ones.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting attitude.
We can offer you:
A fast-paced scale-up environment with a huge opportunity for growth. Over the past 3 years we have opened 3 offices in 3 countries and grown our headcount over 300%.
We are passionate about the people we hire, and we really appreciate people who are interested in making a positive impact of the planet (as we are).
We can reward you with a highly competitive Salary, Bonus and 31 days Holiday as standard + some other benefits.
If you are interested in finding our more about Heliox Energy, or any alternative positions we may be hiring for please head over to www.heliox-energy.com, we look forward to speaking with you!
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.