Mechanical Hardware Engineer
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team in Atlanta, GA!
We are looking for a Mechanical Hardware Engineer The Mechanical Hardware Development Engineer will be a key part of the Heliox development team, responsible for the design and modification of industry-leading heavy-duty-vehicle charging systems.
The Mechanical Hardware Engineer is responsible for design, development, and testing of mechanical components and assemblies for the Heliox EVSE product portfolio (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment). Responsibilities cover all aspects of the product design including quality, cost, safety, and performance.
- Regularly interfaces with other development teams and departments and uses CAD (Solidworks) to deliver complete and accurate product documentation including 3D models, 2D drawings, bill of materials (BOMs), and technical literature.
- Works with suppliers and manufacturing partners to validate and improve existing designs, and iterate new product concepts towards production.
- The Hardware Engineer should be comfortable using basic hand and power tools to build and test prototypes.
- Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience in product design; preferably in the electrical cabinet and/or industrial control panel industries
- 2+ years of experience in thermal systems modeling and testing, including air and water cooling, preferably in the power electronics industry
- Previous 3D CAD experience (Solidworks) to generate parts, assemblies, drawings, and BOMs
- Previous experience designing sheet metal components and assemblies
- Prior experience designing products in accordance with NEC, UL, NEMA, or IP standards
- Working knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems
- Awareness of industry safety regulations (NFPA 70E, OSHA)
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams and external customers
- Continuous learner motivated to stay current on competitor solutions, customer needs, new technology
- Safety oriented
- Working knowledge of working with high power/high voltage products
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, scale-up organization
- Conduct and participate in design reviews
- Work with product managers, project managers and technical teams in order to deliver high-quality products that meet business objectives
- Prepare and present technical design decisions and results to internal and external stakeholders as necessary
- Ability to Travel 10-20%
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
- Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
- Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
- Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
- Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
- Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.