Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team in Atlanta, GA!
We are looking for a System Engineer Charging Systems with a proven track record on expanding new business in the energy and/or automotive branch. In this position, you will be reporting directly to the System Engineering Manager of Heliox North America and will be part of the North America Business Development team. The Lead System Engineer who will act as a subject matter expert for everything related to EVSE and integration with other systems. They will manage and validate the system requirements for new and existing products. They will serve as a technical resource for other departments, providing guidance, suggestions and leadership in systems architectural decisions.
This position will be joining a small but fast-paced team of innovators.
- Generate, review, approve, and manage system requirements including but not limited to regulatory, safety, design, environmental, manufacturing, quality, operational, and testing requests
- Generate, review, approve, and manage subsystem interfaces and interactions within Interface Control Documents (ICDs) including but not limited to physical, thermal, electric, data interactions
- Lead informal and formal system design reviews and analysis/failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis (DFMEA)
- Manage technical risks, cross-functional issues, and mitigation actions
- Execute prototype and product integration plans, including overall product build and testing, including V&V and requirement verification matrix maintenance
- Identify scope creep and inform the project manager. Work with the team on system optimization
- Manage the configuration management process and Engineering Change Orders.
- Working knowledge of working with high power/high voltage products.
- Work with suppliers, and various Charge Point Operators.
- Work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility
- Work with product managers, project managers and technical teams in order to deliver high-quality products that meet business objectives
- BS/MS in Mechanical/Controls/Electrical/Computer Engineering or related area or equivalent experience
- 4-8 total years of experience (preferably in the e-mobility field).
- Hands-on experience with electrical and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex product
- System level engineering experience with electrical and mechanical systems
- Circuit design and analysis experience
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills, able to identify and surface issues within complex HW/SW systems
- Embedded SW experience with strong knowledge of: C, C++
- Experience with working with high power and/or high voltage products
2+ years of experience with EVs and EVSEs
Proven working experience with EVSE and EV standards
Understanding on the energy markets
Linux, Python, Bash
Standards including: SAE J1772, SAE J3105, ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, IEC 61851-1, IEC 61851-23, IEEE 2030.5, SAEJ3271
OCPP 1.6J and 2.0.1
Utility grade metering
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
- Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
- Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
- Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
- Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
- Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.