Power Electronics Engineer
Your Challenge: Revolutionizing Power Electronics for EV Chargers
Seize the opportunity to drive innovation in power electronics for EV chargers. Your mission includes elevating conversion efficiency, boosting power density, cutting costs, enhancing reliability, and pioneering new converter modules across a diverse product range. It's not just a challenge; it's a chance to shape the future of electric mobility. Join us on this transformative journey!
PRE develops power modules, including AC/DC and DC/DC converters, along with advanced charging systems tailored for diverse EVs from passenger vehicles to buses and trucks.
As a Power Electronics Engineer you'll be part of our power module design group, contributing to the forefront of electric mobility innovation. You are responsible for:
- Development: the development, testing, and production ramp-up of power converter modules within the charging systems design group.
- Circuit Design: Design intricate circuit diagrams in Altium Designer.
- Board Layout: Craft detailed and efficient circuit board layouts to exacting standards.
- Component Selection: Select suitable components, ensuring optimal module functionality.
- Functional Testing: Conduct thorough functional testing on self-built prototypes under your supervision.
- Quality Assurance: Take responsibility for life testing and testing integral to the product certification process.
- Collaboration and Technical Support: Work closely together with the integration team, providing valuable support to seamlessly integrate your module designs, and offer technical assistance for debugging existing products.
Are you an ambitious professional with:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (specialized in power electronics, analog electronics, control systems, or mechatronics).
- Knowledge and proficiency in power electronics.
- Familiarity with safety standards for CE and/or UL.
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar tools.
- Proficiency in simulation tools.
- Fluent in English and Dutch (written and spoken).
If your resume aligns with these qualifications and you're ready to thrive in a dynamic environment, apply now. Be part of our innovative team driving excellence in power electronics!
What we offer
Explore an interesting role with significant responsibility and autonomy based in Breda. Join a tight-knit team of developers, contributing to a collaborative work environment. While we prefer a 40-hour contract, we are open to negotiating part-time arrangements. Expect competitive and fair labor conditions as part of our commitment to your professional journey.
Who we are
Established in 1984, Power Research Electronics B.V. (PRE) has evolved into a renowned global brand in power electronics. Our focus revolves around pioneering power electronic solutions for charging electric vehicles, ranging from cars to buses and trucks. Collaborating seamlessly with our mother company, Heliox BV, acclaimed for its bus and truck charging stations, we have successfully deployed thousands of chargers across the world.
As a rapidly growing company, our culture is defined by a strong team spirit, a can-do mentality, and a positive atmosphere. At PRE, we are not just innovators; we are cultivators of a culture that propels us towards excellence in the dynamic field of power electronics.
Debugging Truck Diagrams Resume Technical Assistance Functional Testing Assurance Electrical Engineering Reliability Components Electronics Quality Assurance Developers Technical Support Integration Research Testing Design Engineering English