Field Services Engineer (UK)
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for a Field Service Engineer to join our team, and we hope it's you!
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team!
As a Field Service Engineer you perform preventive & corrective maintenance as well as provide support and commission activities for Heliox' products and solutions.
You are responsible for on-site installing, testing, maintaining and repairing charging solutions for electric buses, e-trucks and other high utilization transportation solutions. You are able to give on-line technical support to colleagues, technical service partners and customers.
- Maintaining our product line in the form of repairs, modifications and maintenance.
- Preparing test and service reports.
- Developing suggestions for improvements to our products and services.
- Quality control for third party technical service partners
- Providing onsite commissioning activities inclusive of Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Assisting as a technician of the 3rd line support in solving malfunctions
- Programming, performing input/output tests and measurements, on-line and on-site
- Providing preventive and corrective maintenance as needed
- Providing onsite training to customers
- Diagnosis of failures in case of abnormal product performance
- Updating and enhancing service documentation
- Preparing necessary tools, materials, documentation, permits, travel arrangements and briefings as needed
- Maintaining record of all service activities according company procedures
- Supporting the 24x7 Helpdesk on regularly basis
- Supporting development with deployment, testing, and feedback of new products
- Providing first line of company-support in case of technical product issues
- Vocational or Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Electronics and/or Mechatronic
- 3+ years of (current) commissioning and/or service work experience
- Experience with electrical installations and PLC
- Experience with troubleshooting invertors, electronics, wiring, and cooling systems
- Experience with serial communication and tools (CAN, EtherCAT, RS485, RS 232, etc.)
- Knowledge of safety regulations (NFPA 70E, OSHA)
- Adept at reading circuit schematics
Your personal attributes:
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Solid communication skills verbal & written
We offer you:
A challenging, pivotal role within a dynamic, international scale-up organization – and:
- a competitive salary, depending on your experience and competences;
- holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours, 31 holidays, travel cost allowance, training, etc.;
- a laptop and a mobile phone;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- energy at our office, with our fresh coffee (ground beans), our electric sit-stand desks and a selection of fresh fruit!
Recruitment agencies: we prefer to find our newest Helioxers ourselves. Please don't call us - we know where to reach you in case we need help.
Do you feel the ENERGY? APPLY!
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too.)
Want to become a Helioxer but in another function? Please check out our career page and follow us on LinkedIn!
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.