Senior Project Manager
Do you have a passion for green energy, do you like to travel (+/- 40%), and do you want to get the chance to work for one of the fastest-growing names in the world of (fast) chargers for electric buses, trucks and other heavy-duty transport solutions?
Do you like to be the point of contact for all project-related activities during the project implementation phase, from preparing the site up to the transfer of the entire charging infrastructure to the customer?
Then watch this short film (90 seconds) and read on straight away!
You are responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the work evolving our large, complex installation projects. You manage a number of (inter)national projects simultaneously. Your job is to ensure smooth managing of the projects, and you will ensure that on-site activities are carried out within the guidelines of the project plan (quality, budget, and time) and in accordance with SHEQ standards and local rules and regulations.
You will travel (inter)nationally about 40% of the time: sometimes having to stay on location for a few days is a possibility.
You work closely with your colleagues (Project Engineers / Purchasing / Technical Support / Service Support) and with external parties (Installers / OEMs / energy companies, etc.).
You’ll report to the Projects department manager.
What will you do:
Out of a combination of working in our office in Best and on the project sites, we can divide the work into 3 major topics:
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers;
- manage logistic flows at the location;
- control and management of parties on-site for quality & timeliness (e.g. subcontractors, suppliers and installation, energy and transport companies);
- check and prepare site management reports, designs, and drawings;
- check (financial) agreements (which sometimes have to be made on the site itself);
- draft change proposals in client projects;
- supervise commissioning;
- prevent problems and solve them as soon as they arise;
- communicate timely, efficient and open (giving instructions & keeping everyone well informed of the progress).
SAFETY AND PROCEDURES
- ensure the safety of the installation, construction and work environment at the site;
- maintain quality control procedures;
- facilitate safety inspections.
REPORTING & AFTERCARE
- daily reporting on progress, claims, installed equipment, SHE, and quality issues;
- weekly reporting on KPI’s on planning, budget, pricing, and quality to Project Manager and MT;
- support Project Manager in contract and claim management towards customers and suppliers.
Someone who loves to divide your time between the office and travelling. You’ve always got your affairs in order because you are very strong in managing projects and therefore you know exactly what should happen when and who should go where. You have excellent negotiation skills.
You represent Heliox on the various project locations, and therefore you work independently, you are not afraid to make decisions and you solve bottlenecks/problems in no time. You show leadership, know how to maintain team spirit and you mediate in conflict situations. You have a natural tendency to constantly assess risks and implement the right preventive actions. Thanks to your smooth, clear communication and commercial insight, you and the project manager are pleasant contacts for the customer.
You are also: You have:
- energetic • strong communication skills
- proactive and independent • a positive and flexible attitude
- an expert in planning & organizing • a natural authority
- a relationship builder • cultural awareness and adaptability
- a critical thinker • reporting skills
- results-oriented • Drivers' license B
- very much looking forward to this challenge! • the customer always in mind!
This is stated on your cv:
- technical education at HBO level / Bachelor. (direction: Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics);
- 6+ years of experience in the energy and/or installation industry;
- 5+ years of experience as a site manager for large, complex projects;
- 2+ experience with construction and civil engineering work;
- good oral and written skills in German and English;
- knowledge of standards like NEN1010, VOB, NEN3140 standards (or equivalent foreign versions), certificates are an advantage;
- certificate VCA-VOL;
- knowledge of project financing and project management methodologies is a strong advantage (eg Prince2, Scrum, Agile, IPM, Lean, etc.).
- a crucial role for a greener future and for the continuous growth of Heliox!
- a salary depending on your experience and competencies;
- making use of a rental or pool car when you need to travel;
- laptop and mobile phone;
- growth and development through training/courses;
- bonus (dependent on our results and your impact), 401K, flexible working hours, 20 vacation days, etc .
NB: Recruitment & selection agencies: we like to recruit our people ourselves. We will not react to calls and e-mails. If we need help, we know where to find you.
Do you also feel the energy while reading this job content? APPLY!
Push the application button, upload your cv and answer 3 open questions: https://eu.app.seedlinktech.com/en/survey/2909
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too. )
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
More about Heliox:
Heliox is a company in the Atlanta area that is growing rapidly! Four years ago, we were with 30 people, now we are with over 200 Helioxers and in 2021 we expect to grow even more! Our (fast) charge systems have been installed in more than 20 countries all over the world. Over the last couple of years, we have won the prestigious FD Gazelle Award 4 times for the fastest-growing company in the Netherlands. We have also won the VDV award for best electrical charging infrastructure and we are very proud of that.
We achieve short process times through our short communication lines and processes. This enables us to deliver custom-made products in a short time window. We barely know any hierarchy; everyone is equal. Our employees represent over 30 nationalities. The continuous growth makes our jobs dynamic, but we always look out for each other; we trust one another, and we can always count on each other.
Our core values: Sustainable – Cooperative – Exploring – Sincere – Ambitious - Proud
German Window Conflict Bonus Project Implementation Budget Industrial Engineering LinkedIn Civil Engineering Award Electrical Engineering Energy Instructions Travel Mechanical Engineering Quality Control Infrastructure Engineers Commissioning Purchasing Scrum Technical Support Salary Regulations reporting Negotiation Construction Education Suppliers Leadership Project Management Engineering Communication Planning English Training Management