Technical Application Engineer
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for a Technical Application Engineer to join our team and to enable further growth of Heliox America, based in Atlanta (GA).
Heliox is the European leader in heavy duty fast charging systems. Building upon that success, Heliox is expanding operations into the Americas with an entire independently-functioning organization catering to the markets in this part of the world. This role leads development projects so it is critical to the success of the company.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
After a thorough training on the job, you will be responsible for overseeing the resolution of customer technical issues in North America. Heliox is currently market leader and is always innovating, so you will work with the newest technologies for the fastest electric vehicle chargers on the market today. You will report out of our cutting-edge R&D facility in our Atlanta campus.
“The challenge in this role is in working with high voltages (up to 1350V) and output current (up to 1000 Volt Ampère DC). Electric mobility is booming and that is why we are continuously innovating and upgrading our products. Your work is very tangible: our customers are big parties in the bus building industry and in public transport, so you across your line of work all over the world.”
You will work closely with field engineering and development as well as with all of your colleagues in our scale-up Atlanta campus. Together we make our products and services a success!
- Technical issue resolution for engineering escalations
- Engagement with manufacturing, design engineering, supply chain, and team leadership to lead the total solution for our customers
- Provide timely customer communication, keeping them aware of lead times to issue resolution
- Innovate through programming, equipment testing, and data analysis
- Improve quality by resolving 2nd and/or 3rd-line malfunctions through engineering analysis
- Continuously improve product capability through design and quality feedback
- Campaigning field and OTA updates for electric vehicle supply equipment
- Developing field repair plans, technical papers, and/or training materials to instruct service methods and procedures
- Developing improvement proposals for our products and service
- Ability to interact with customers both on technical level and project level
- Maintain high levels of product portfolio competency, through engagement with the product line management teams
This is you:
You like to share your knowledge and experience with customers and with colleagues. You are an ambitious professional who likes to initiate, deploy, and work in a broad perspective. You are flexible and customer oriented, and you feel right at home in a dynamic, international organization. You think in solutions, not in problems. You always strive for the desired result by finishing your tasks and by standing for a high level of quality. You never lose sight of our customers and (y)our safety standards and work accordingly. But mostly you are passionate for this line of work and you cannot wait to start working with our cutting edge chargers!
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Master’s degree a plus
- 2-5 years of experience in PLC / SCADA devices & programming, embedded systems (C,C++), power electronics, and/or systems.
- An understanding of automotive and industrial communication protocols (CAN, OCPP, ModBus)
- Experience using Linux, Bash, and Python
- Preferred working experience with EVSE and EV standards including: SAE J1772, SAE J3105, ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, IEC 61851-1, IEC 61851-23, IEEE 2030.5, SAEJ3271
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.