Senior Product Development Manager
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for an experienced Senior Product Development Manager to join our team and to enable further growth of Heliox America, based in Atlanta (GA).
Heliox is the European leader in heavy duty fast charging systems. Building upon that success, Heliox is expanding operations into the Americas with an entire independently-functioning organization catering to the markets in this part of the world. Heliox is a product-driven company so a critical part of the company success is developing world-class products. This role leads development projects so it is critical to the success of the company.
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Join our energetic team in Atlanta, GA!
The product development manager will provide critical go-to expertise for leading the development team when it comes to creating and improving Heliox products. This role will lead meeting deliverables for product designs while balancing, resources, timing, and budget.
- Work with direct team members as well as cross-functional team members to deliver high quality products that meet business goals
- Always keep the needs of the various customers (internal and external) in mind
- Deliver product documentation, designs, and requirements as needed
- Working knowledge of high power and high voltage (up to 1000VDC)
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced small-team environment
- Maintain a high degree of flexibility
- Maintain a learning mindset vs. a fixed mindset
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related area or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience preferably in the e-mobility or high power electrical equipment areas
- Hands-on experience in developing complex electrical systems for power conversion
- Experience in leading and motivating a team to meet challenging expectations
- Experience with designing for manufacturability and ease of service troubleshooting
- Experience with certification to UL standards
- Experience with importance of NEMA Type ratings as well as outdoor electrical application in climates throughout the US.
- Experience working with high voltage (up to 1000VDC)
- Experience in robust differential communication applications such as CAN
- Great planning ability
- Excellent communication
- 2+ years working in the EV and EVSE areas
- 2+ years working in industrial electrical equipment design
- Proven working experience with EV and EVSE
- Understanding of NFPA70E
- Understanding of NFPA70 as it applies to electrical equipment installations and charge equipment
- Standards including: SAE J1772, SAE J3105, ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, IEC 61851-1, IEC 61851-23, IEEE 2030.5, SAEJ3271
We offer you:
A challenging and pivotal role within a scale-up company with a mission to make the world a better place. We have an open environment where you can continuously develop yourself. We offer health benefits, a company bonus (based on company and personal performance ), 401K Match, flexible working hours, 22 vacation days (FT), 12 Holidays, and training opportunities.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.
Development Product Development