Embedded Software Engineer
Heliox - Future-proof rapid charging solutions driving a cleaner tomorrow
We are very excited to be searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team, and we hope it's you!
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading E-mobility platform to support the change within Urban Transportation. We provide world class Smart Energy Management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape.
In 2021 we have continued our growth as the Market Leader in E-bus Infrastructure across Europe, and now we need people as excellent as our existing team and Products to support our expansion!
E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks "on the go". Taking on this role will mean that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
Are you looking forward to making an impact in cleaner, greener energy for big public & commercial transport solutions? Then join our energetic, international team in Best (Eindhoven area), Netherlands!
- Development of new software designs and platforms
- Managing all aspects of software development - Architecture, Design, Testing, Documentation and Implementation
- Reviewing of implementations of other colleagues
- Making technical selections and decisions necessary to reach the targets of the project
- Ability to give direction to technology developments for the future and providing relevant input for the construction of the roadmap
- Providing input in discussions on technological direction and translating market requirements into technology
- Coaching and supporting other software development engineers and students when necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Computer Science or Embedded Systems
- 3+ years of working experience with software development
- Experience with developing code in C and C++ for Embedded Linux
- Experience with using software versioning control (Git and Gitflow)
- Knowledge of the software development methodologies like scrum and agile
- Verifying the correct functionality of the software by testing (Unit testing, Google Test, Cpputest)
- Experience with documentation about the software implementations (Architecture, UML)
- Ability to communicate with technical as well as non-technical people
- Knowledge of Bash and Python
- Affinity with multidisciplinary knowledge about electronics
- Experience with communication buses (CAN, Ethernet, Powerlink)
- Experience with automated development pipelines (CI, CD, DevOps, Jenkins, SonarQube)
- Experience with software development tooling (Atlassian Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with charging of EVs (IEC61851, ISO15118, DIN70121)
- Experience with PLC programming (CODESYS/IEC61131-3)
- Certified for ISTQB and/or TMAP
- Knowledge about Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Team player
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) - Dutch is a plus!
We offer you:
A challenging, pivotal role within a dynamic, international scale-up organization – and:
- a competitive salary, depending on your experience and competences;
- holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours, 31 holidays, travel cost allowance, training, etc.;
- a laptop and a mobile phone;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- energy at our office, with our fresh coffee (ground beans), our electric sit-stand desks and a selection of fresh fruit!
Recruitment agencies: we prefer to find our newest Helioxers ourselves. Please don't call us - we know where to reach you in case we need help.
Do you feel the ENERGY? APPLY!
Push the application button and upload your CV.
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too.)
Want to become a Helioxer but in another function? Please check out our career page and follow us on LinkedIn!
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
Heliox provides world-class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast-changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is a standard for every electric vehicle, transforming the way we power our everyday.
Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within electric vehicles (EV), public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. Operating globally, Heliox' HQ is in the Netherlands, with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.
In 2017, the company installed Europe's first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created 'model city' energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Sustainability is what drives us, and here are some numbers we're proud of:
- Powering over 25000 commercial EVs
- Across 40 cities and 20 countries
- 3000 carbon tons savings
- 6000 daily high power charge session
Our Core Values:
Sustainable: We seek long-term solutions to help businesses transition to sustainable electric mobility.
Cooperative: We work closely with a diverse group of partners to ensure we deliver on our promises.
Exploring: We are an innovative company that harnesses new technology and pushes boundaries.
Ambitious: We aim to go the extra mile for our clients, partners, the environment, both local and global and for each other.
Proud: We care deeply about our coworkers, clients, partners, the environment and the projects we work on.
At Heliox, we're committed to equal employment opportunity and we prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender , gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace everyday.