Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
Heliox is a market leader in the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure sector, with a leading e-mobility Platform to support the change within Urban Transportation.
We provide world class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape. Due to our continued success we are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our innovative team to manage some of our largest installation projects.
In 2021/22 we have continued our growth as the Market Leader in eBus Infrastructure across Europe, and now we need people as excellent as our existing team and Products to support our expansion!
Curious about our mission? Check this 1-minute film starring our chargers at Schiphol:
- B.Sc. in the field of Computer Science or Embedded Systems
- 3+ years of experience with software development
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Team player
- Strong Verbal and Written English Communication
- Experience with developing code in C and C++ for Embedded Linux
- Experience with using software versioning control (Git and Gitflow)
- Knowledge of the software development methodologies like scrum and agile
- Verifying the correct functionality of the software by testing (Unit testing, Google Test, Cpputest)
- Experience with documentation about the software implementations (Architecture, UML)
- Able to communicate with technical as well as non-technical people
- Bash and Python
- Affinity with multidisciplinary knowledge about electronics
- Experience with communication buses (CAN, Ethernet, Powerlink)
- Experience with automated development pipelines (CI, CD, DevOps, Jenkins, SonarQube)
- Experience with software development tooling (Atlassian Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with charging of EVs (IEC61851, ISO15118, DIN70121)
- Experience with PLC programming (CODESYS/IEC61131-3)
- Certified for ISTQB and/or TMAP
- Knowledge about Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Development of new software designs and platforms
- Responsible for all aspects of software development; Architecture, Design, Testing, Documentation and Implementation
- Reviewing of implementations of other colleagues
- Make technical selections and decisions necessary to reach the targets of the project
- Able to give direction to technology developments for the future and give relevant input for the construction of the roadmap
- Will take place in discussions about technological direction and is responsible for translating market requirements into technology
- Coaching and supporting other software development engineers and students when necessary
We can offer you a adaptable environment working, competitive salaries, and the opportunity on some of the largest and bespoke e-mobility projects in Europe,
With unrivalled Career progression we are keen to discuss how we can provide the opportunity to boost your career!
N.B.: Recruitment agencies: We recruit our newest Helioxers ourselves. Please do not call or mail us, we know where to find you when we need help.
Do you also feel the energy while reading this job content? APPLY!
(A motivational letter is not needed, but you are always welcome to send us one, you can upload it too. )
An assessment may be part of the selection process.
More about Heliox:
Heliox is a company in the Brainport area that is growing rapidly! Four years ago, we were with 30 people, now we are with over 240 Helioxers and in 2021/2022 we expect to grow even more! Our (fast) charge systems have been installed in more than 20 countries all over the world. Over the last couple of years, we have won the prestigious FD Gazelle Award 4 times for the fastest-growing company in the Netherlands. We have also won the VDV award for best electrical charging infrastructure and we are very proud of that.
We achieve short process times through our short communication lines and processes. This enables us to deliver custom made products in a short time window. We barely know any hierarchy; everyone is equal. Our employees represent over 30 nationalities. Continuous growth makes our jobs dynamic, but we always look out for each other; we trust one another, and we can always count on each other.
Our core values: Sustainable – Cooperative – Exploring – Sincere – Ambitious - Proud