About the job Senior QA
Our QA team at Hello Iconic is growing and we are looking for a QA Engineer with at least 3 years of experience designing, building, and maintaining test cases including automation testing for highly-scalable applications. No restrictions on the current framework of experience and/or stack (WebdriverIO, Cypress, Test Rail, Postman). You need to have experience in both manual and automated testing to ensure releases run smoothly, Smoke tests, regression tests to minimizing bug counts, and meeting performance targets.
The selected candidates will be joining our QA team that works in multiple user-facing applications such as web applications, mobile applications, Samsung Smart TV (Tizen), Roku, and other OTT apps. You will be part of high-performing scrum teams working for large international clients and series-A funded startups. You will learn from our core focus industries of Video / Audio Streaming, FinTech, HealthTech, EdTech, and Blockchain.
We value team members that are fast learners and eager to learn new automation testing techniques and improve manual testing processes as projects and new challenges get assigned.
- Developing manual and automated testing strategies
- Implementing new ways to transform manual testing into automated testing
- Testing new features to ensure consistent quality performance
- Analyze project requirements/features acceptance criteria to test a product that fits the customers' needs.
- Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, and designers
- Ensure our automation testing frameworks are up to date with the latest versions and releases.
- Strong analytical, design, and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail.
- Ensure our customer’s experience is the best it can possibly be.
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum environments where QA team members collaborate closely with development teams from the beginning of the software life cycle
Key areas of knowledge/experience:
- Strong coding skills and experience in JS programming language for automation testing in Backend and Frontend
- Experience with defect and test management tools (Jira, TestRail)
- Design, Develop and implement QA test cases, test plans, test runs
- Creates and executes test scenarios, test scripts, and workflows for assigned applications from the user’s perspective, applying systematic testing principles to attain good coverage.
- Experience with Architecture, Design, and Implementation of automation Frameworks (WebdriverIO, Cypress, Postman)
- Experience using MochaJS, CucumberJS BDD for automation testing
- Implement eligible test cases for automation
- Participates in Agile ceremonies (Grooming sessions, Standups, Plannings, Reviews)
- Source code version control with Git.
- Fully capable of reading technical documentation in English and follow up technical questions via written communications (email, Slack, etc) with external support teams.
- Boast precise and effective communication with clients and teammates in either English or Spanish
- Experience working in teams using agile development frameworks such as Scrum, SAFe, or others.
The following skills would be a plus:
- Ability to create and execute Load testing using Jmeter or any relevant JS based tool like ArtilleryIO
- Ability to research new testing techniques for both manual and automation testing for possible implementations
- Ability to mentor QA team members in their daily tasks for manual/automation testing
- Location: Remote
- Position: Full Time
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with experience in current software quality assurance practices.
- We celebrate diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants without regard to gender, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- We have created a great workspace for our team where we encourage collaboration with your peers, however, there is also a large component of remote communication with teams and client counterparts in the US. All of our communications take place via internet/cloud tools such as Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, Github, JIRA, Google Drive.
Why Hello Iconic?
- Develop consumer-based products targeting millions of users
- Work with iconic global brands. We are currently working with some of the most important TV entertainment brands in the world, large international clients and series-A funded startups in our core industries of Video / Audio Streaming, FinTech, HealthTech, EdTech, and Blockchain. Some of our current and past clients include The Walt Disney Company, NBC Universal, Neil Young, Netflix, University of Maryland Global Campus, Massachusetts General Hospital and much more.
- Great and balanced work environment https://www.instagram.com/hello.iconic/
- Work with some of the most talented, dedicated and creative professionals in the area.
- Competitive salary with clear growth and career paths.
- Training and international conferences annual budget availability.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
- Private medical insurance.
- Half scholarship for English training (if needed).