About the job React Native Developer
Our development team at Hello Iconic is growing and we are looking for React Native Developers with at least 2 years of experience building and maintaining highly-scalable mobile applications using React Native.
The selected candidates will be joining our multi-stack team that works in multiple user-facing applications such as mobile applications, web applications , Samsung Smart TV (Tizen), Roku, and other OTT apps. You will be part of high-performing scrum teams working for large international clients and series-A funded startups. You will learn from our core focus industries of Video / Audio Streaming, FinTech, HealthTech, EdTech, and Blockchain.
Most of your work will be focused on working on mobile apps built with React Native integrated with backend components via REST APIs, integrating third party services and building custom native components.
We value team members that are fast learners and eager to learn new programming languages and stacks as projects and new challenges get assigned.
- Build and maintain highly-scalable mobile applications.
- Extend existing mockups by extrapolating visual components.
- Identify and analyze project requirements to define and build a product that fits the customers' needs.
- Deliver modern, testable, and maintainable code.
- Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, and designers
- Ensure our software product documentation is up to date.
- Ensure our customer’s experience is the best it can possibly be.
- Work as part of a fast-paced agile process.
- Mentor fellow team members via code reviews and pair programming.
Key areas of knowledge/experience:
- Experience in how to build user-friendly, data-rich mobile applications with React Native.
- Experience consuming/integrating with RESTful APIs.
- Experience interacting and integrating diverse external services.
- Source code version control with Git.
- Fully capable of reading technical documentation in English and follow up technical questions via written communications (email, slack, etc) with external support teams.
- Boast precise and effective communication with clients and teammates in either English or Spanish
- Experience working in teams using agile development frameworks such as Scrum, SAFe, or others.
While not necessary for our role, the following skills would be a plus:
- Experience and familiarity with Gitflow version control workflow
- Experience building apps or components natively (Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin and Java).
- Experience submitting apps to the different stores.
- Experience working on/with FinTech applications and services such as Plaid.
- Video streaming client app experience, especially with HLS or MPEG-DASH formats.
- Location: Remote
- Position: Full Time
- Openings Available: 5
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- We celebrate diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants without regard to gender, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- We have created a great workspace for our team where we encourage collaboration with your peers, however, there is also a large component of remote communication with teams and client counterparts in the US. All of our communications take place via internet/cloud tools such as Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, Github, JIRA, Google Drive.
Why Hello Iconic?
- Develop consumer-based products targeting millions of users
- Work with iconic global brands. We are currently working with some of the most important TV entertainment brands in the world, large international clients and series-A funded startups in our core industries of Video / Audio Streaming, FinTech, HealthTech, EdTech, and Blockchain. Some of our current and past clients include The Walt Disney Company, NBC Universal, Neil Young, Netflix, University of Maryland Global Campus, Massachusetts General Hospital and much more.
- Great and balanced work environment https://www.instagram.com/hello.iconic/
- Work with some of the most talented, dedicated and creative professionals in the area.
- Competitive salary with clear growth and career paths.
- Training and international conferences annual budget availability.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
- Private medical insurance.
- Half scholarship for English training (if needed).