About the job Tax Associate (Singapore)
Reporting to the Tax Senior and/or Tax Director, the Tax Associate supports his/her reporting officer and/or tax team in delivering high quality tax services.
The Tax Associate undertakes tax assignments such as preparing tax computation schedules and various statutory filings in a timely manner. He/she works closely with the tax team and collaborates with others such as the accounting or audit team to innovate and identify value-adding opportunities to the client. He/She also contributes to the tax engagement by assisting in resolving queries on tax issues from clients or the tax authority. He/she may also contribute by researching and drafting possible recommendations on regional and/or international tax matters.
- Support client account management through drafting letters, correspondence, and internal and external reports to both clients and IRAS, all the while maintaining strict client confidentiality.
- Prepare individual, ECI, Corporate and GST tax returns.
- Provide general administrative support for tax consulting and compliance, check and agree notices of assessments, inform clients of taxes and payment deadlines, and review tax provisions.
- Organize and manage tax reports and statements, keeping proper tax-related documentation.
- Assist in managing tax controversies, research and analyse data to draft a response; the clients tax positions and respond to the tax authority's queries.
- Identify tax risk areas by gathering information on tax, accounting, business, legal and governance issues to identify tax risks; and monitor business operations and data periodically to ensure tax controls and other tax risk policies are adhered to.
- Support the provision of tax advice; research, gather and analyse data on business operations to draft tax advice.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics for Accountants and Accounting Entities, the Singapore Companies Act and the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards when providing services.
- Identify ethical conflicts in the work environment.
- Ensure compliance with the firm's quality control procedures.
- Be a team player, working cooperatively and communicating effectively in the work environment.
- Identify areas for personal development to improve work performance.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in accountancy / Pursuing an accounting qualification
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- MS Office Suite
This role is open for candidates with valid work authorization in Singapore and do not require work pass sponsorship. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted for an interview.
- Study Support Program to Pursue Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g. CA Singapore, ACCA)
- Flexi- Hours
- Birthday Leave
- Marriage Leave