About the job Audit Assistant Manager (Philippines)
Reporting into the Audit Senior Manager or Audit Partner, the Audit Assistant Manager is expected to team lead audit engagements which includes planning, performing, reviewing of audit work performed by junior team members and concluding the engagement.
He/She works closely with team members to execute the audit plan and ensures the timely completion of the audit engagement. He/She works closely with clients and manages their expectations to further nurture on-going client relationships. He/She is able to identify unethical behaviour and react based on the applicable ethical principles.
- Plan, manage and deliver audit and assurance engagements, including finance, resourcing and quality control matters.
- Manage client expectations and timelines.
- Achieve business targets and manage engagement financials, including budget, profitability, work-in-progress, timely billing and collection.
- Liase with the audit partner, clients and stakeholders of the engagements.
- Review financial statements in accordance with the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, Singapore Standards on Auditing, Singapore Companies Act and the Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore.
- Perform audit and assurance engagements in compliance with the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, Singapore Standards on Auditing, Singapore Companies Act and the Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore.
- Execute assigned engagement-related tasks independently, including tests of controls, analytical procedures, substantive tests and collection of evidence to corroborate information as part of the audit program.
- Make recommendations on the client's internal controls and accounting systems.
- Validate the accuracy of information accompanying the audit report, perform data analysis and identify significant accounting and auditing issues present in the data.
- Propose and discuss solutions to significant accounting, auditing and tax issues identified in the data with the engagement partner.
- Identify and evaluate the client's business and key risks and analyse the impact of the changing business environment on the client's business.
- Act in accordance with the Singapore Standards in Auditing, Ethics Pronouncements in Singapore, the Singapore Companies Act and the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards when providing audit and assurance services.
- Identify ethical conflicts in the work environment.
- Ensure compliance with the firm's quality control procedures.
- Be a team player, working cooperatively and communicating effectively in the work environment.
- Facilitate effective communication within a cross functional and culturally diverse team.
- Identify areas for personal development to improve work performance.
- Support the development of junior team members.
- Supervise and support junior team members, guiding the team on technical matters, application of standards and methodologies.
- Performance manage junior team members assigned as appraisees, evaluating their progress and carrying out professional and technical development support.
- Stay up to date on emerging industry trends, technical matters and developments.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy / CPA
- 4-6 years audit experience preferably in Mid-Tier/Big 4 Accounting Firm
- Proficient with audit software and data analytics software
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- MS Office Suite
- Open Source Research Tools
Thank you for expressing your interest to join us. We regret that only qualified candidates will be shortlisted for an interview.
- Transport Allowance
- Rice Allowance
- Clothing Allowance
- Laundry Allowance
- Birthday Leave
- Marriage Leave