About the job Tax Associate (Philippines)
Reporting into the Senior Tax Manager, the Tax Associate supports his/her reporting officer and/or tax team in delivering high quality tax services.
The Tax Associate undertakes tax assignments such as preparing tax computation schedules and various statutory filings in a timely manner. He/she works closely with the tax team and collaborates with others such as the accounting or audit team to innovate and identify value-adding opportunities to the client. He also contributes to the tax engagement by assisting in resolving queries on tax issues from clients or the tax authority. He/she may also contribute by researching and drafting possible recommendations on regional and/or international tax matters.
- Support client account management through drafting letters, correspondence, and internal and external reports to both clients and IRAS, all the while maintaining strict client confidentiality.
- Prepare individual, ECI, Corporate and GST tax returns.
- Provide general administrative support for tax consulting and compliance, check and agree notices of assessments, inform clients of taxes and payment deadlines, and review tax provisions.
- Organize and manage tax reports and statements, keeping proper tax-related documentation.
- Assist in managing tax controversies, research and analyse data to draft a response; the clients tax positions and respond to the tax authority's queries.
- Identify tax risk areas by gathering information on tax, accounting, business, legal and governance issues to identify tax risks; and monitor business operations and data periodically to ensure tax controls and other tax risk policies are adhered to.
- Support the provision of tax advice; research, gather and analyse data on business operations to draft tax advice.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics for Accountants and Accounting Entities, the Singapore Companies Act and the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards when providing services.
- Identify ethical conflicts in the work environment.
- Ensure compliance with the firm's quality control procedures.
- Be a team player, working cooperatively and communicating effectively in the work environment.
- Identify areas for personal development to improve work performance.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Accountancy / CPA
- Mid-Tier/Big 4 Accounting Firm experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- MS Office Suite
- Transport Allowance
- Rice Allowance
- Clothing Allowance
- Laundry Allowance
- Birthday Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Study Support Programme (CPA Licensure Exam)