About the job Senior Civil Estimator
Type: Full time permanent
Salary: c$180 - 200K + DOE
Start date: Immediate
Our Client is a leading a leading civil infrastructure, mining and building contractor providing construction solutions to the public and private sectors.
With a strong focus on people, culture and services they have earned a reputation as a premier contractor, attracting high calibre employees, clients and projects.
As a result, they are rapidly growing and are currently seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to strengthen their team and play a key role in the tendering of their projects.
The position will be based in Brisbane however, travel to regional areas may be expected for site inspections and meetings.
About the role
Reporting to the Pre Contracts Manager and working closely with the pre-contracts team, senior management team, and wider bid teams, you will play a pivotal role pricing a diverse range of civil, TMR, and mining contracts.
- Liaising with internal and external customers in order to formulate accurate and timely estimates and tender documentation including reviewing scopes of work, drawings, specifications, and other technical documents;
- Supporting the Project Managers to deliver their program of works by providing accurate planning and scheduling of labour, equipment, and materials, as required;
- Ensuring the Project Managers have clear concise documentation at contract commencement and assists (if required) in allocating bill of quantities for costing purposes;
- Leading the preparation of estimates and performing a leadership role in estimate reviews;
- Planning, coordinating and leading the estimating process to maximise success;
- Contributing to tender design development and providing feedback as to the commercial viability of design solutions;
- Analysing and commenting on proposed commercial terms of projects;
- Reviewing schedules, cost estimates and submission documentation;
- Attending, participating in and delivering tender reviews for senior management;
- Identifying improvements to the tendering systems, including facilitating the improvement and upskilling of the team;
- Being involved in post tender negotiation to secure work.
Ideally, you will possess:
- A proven track record of 5+ years delivering accurate and timely estimating for all facets of Civil and Infrastructure works including TMR projects that resulted in winning tenders;
- Have a detailed knowledge of Australian construction and conditions and technical skills that inspire confidence from senior managers and clients;
- Excellent communication skills as you will need to synthesise complex data into logical information that is readily accessible to both internal and external stakeholders;
- The ability to build a good rapport with clients, subcontractors and suppliers across the industry;
- Strong knowledge of market conditions and competitor behaviour;
- Previous project delivery experience, relevant Engineering qualifications, and detailed knowledge of estimating software.
The role offers excellent career prospects and continuous professional development.
Want to know more?
If you want to join a company that is growing and wants the same for you, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Submit your application in confidence now including a cover letter outlining a summary of your experience and time spent working on any TMR/roads, civil infrastructure, and mining projects.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Women and People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
You will need to have the right to work in Australia for these positions.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.