About the job Project Engineer | TMR
Location: QLD & NSW
Type: Full time
Salary: c$90 – 140K DOE + Super + Car
Start date: Immediate
Our Client, a leading Tier 2 civil infrastructure, mining, and building contractor is growing – and they want the same for you.
Big enough to give you exposure on a diverse range of multi-million dollar projects, yet small enough to actually know your name, this is a career development opportunity not to be missed.
With a reputable name within the industry and multiple new project wins, they are now actively seeking highly motivated Project Engineers with TMR experience and a passion for on-time and on-budget delivery to join their team during an exciting time of growth.
About the role
These are full-time roles, based in Queensland & NSW, with immediate starts.
Reporting to a Project Manager, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside a supportive and collaborative delivery team where you will be responsible for your assigned areas costs, daily and weekly project analysis, quality assurance, and weekly reporting.
You will be working on existing and newly awarded TMR projects, developing and delivering successful outcomes while maintaining strong customer relationships, contributing to the successful growth of a business with a strong pipeline of works on the books.
- Implementing or creating innovative, cost efficient construction methodologies and techniques.
- Producing construction programs for the project together with Supervisors and Superintendents.
- Continuous monitoring of program throughout the life of the project ensuring milestones are completed on time.
- In conjunction with Superintendents and Supervisors, planning the resources required to achieve the construction program (plant, labour and subcontractors) and sourcing.
- Planning and implementing the procurement of materials and subcontractors to achieve construction programs.
- Working with Supervisors to recognise variations, quantity increases or decrease and any additional scope of works to produce appropriate variation correspondence.
- Monitoring day costs for activities and adjusting if unit costs are excessive.
- The preparation and analysis of the end of month project costs report with the Project Manager.
- Implementing environmental controls where the risk to the environment is serious enough to require monitoring.
To join their team, you will need:
- A Civil Engineering degree
- Min 3+ years’ experience on TMR/RMS and civil infrastructure projects
- Have an understanding and experience of self-performing and sub contract works
- A proven track record in HSE compliance and safety
- Be able to work as part of a team that is driven by success
- Possess excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Willing to travel and work away from home on various projects throughout Queensland or NSW on varying rosters when required.
- Excellent references
Want to know more?
If you want to join a company that is growing and wants the same for you, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Submit your application in confidence now including a cover letter outlining a summary of your experience and time spent working on any TMR/roads and civil infrastructure projects.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.