About the job Project Cost Controller
Package: Competitive for the right experience
Start: Ideally now but can be flexible
Are you looking for a challenging job based out of Brisbane?
My Client needs an experienced and diligent Project Cost Controller to support their teams to deliver civil infrastructure and mining projects throughout Qld and NSW.
Based at their Head Office, the role will provide support to their teams from project setup and systems governance, right through to the delivery of works.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Cost control management to identify key areas of financial risk and opportunity;
- Reviewing and adjusting project control guidelines where appropriate;
- Procurement of subcontractors and the negotiation of commercial terms in accordance with Company subcontracting protocols;
- Forecast cash inflows and outflows on a weekly basis with input from Project Managers;
- Management of subcontractor claims including payment and variations;
- Maintenance of all necessary registers, contractual documentation and templates;
- The preparation of monthly Head Contract progress claims;
- Close liaison with Project Managers and engineers to ensure commercial risks are recognised and mitigated;
- Provision of disciplined forecasting and the tracking of revenue and costs to ensure internal monthly financial reporting requirements are met;
- Assisting the preparation, review and response to all contractual correspondence;
- Commercial administration and document control as required.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Experience within a similar role leading to a sound understanding of all commercial aspects of civil infrastructure and/or mining contracts;
- Competency in project support tasks with a strong interest in the financial management of multi-disciplined projects;
- Proven ability to liaise and build relationships with internal and external clients;
- Knowledge and understanding of computerised accounting systems;
- Be detail-focused with the ability to accurately complete tasks on time;
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to changing demands.
If this sounds like you, please apply now with a covering letter explaining your interest in this position.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Women and People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
Regretfully, sponsorship is not offered for this role - you will need to have the right to work in Australia for this position.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.