About the job Senior Project Engineers
Location: QLD & NSW
Type: Full time
Salary: c$150 – 170K DOE + Super + Car
Due to our client’s multiple new project wins, we are now actively seeking highly motivated and experienced Senior Project Engineers with backgrounds in TMR / Structures and a passion for on-time and on-budget delivery to join their team during an exciting period of growth.
About the company
Our Client is a leading civil infrastructure, mining, and building contractor providing construction solutions to the public and private sectors. With a strong focus on people, culture, and services they have earned a reputation as a premier contractor, attracting high calibre employees, clients, and projects.
About the roles
These are full-time roles, based in Queensland & NSW, with varying start dates, some immediate.
Reporting to your Project Manager, you will be given the autonomy to lead your team and influence outcomes to achieve the best project outcomes by using your strong commercial, project management, and technical engineering skills.
You will be working on existing and newly awarded TMR / civil infrastructure projects, developing and delivering successful outcomes while maintaining strong customer relationships, contributing to the successful growth of a business with a strong pipeline of works on the books.
- Implementing or creating innovative, cost-efficient construction methodologies and techniques.
- Producing construction programs for the project together with Supervisors and Superintendents.
- Continuous monitoring of program throughout the life of the project ensuring milestones are completed on time.
- In conjunction with Superintendents and Supervisors, planning the resources required to achieve the construction program (plant, labour, and subcontractors) and sourcing.
- Planning and implementing the procurement of materials and subcontractors to achieve construction programs.
- Working with Supervisors to recognise variations, quantity increases or decreases, and any additional scope of works to produce appropriate variation correspondence.
- Monitoring day costs for activities and adjusting if unit costs are excessive.
- The preparation and analysis of the end-of-month project costs report with the Project Manager.
- Implementing environmental controls where the risk to the environment is serious enough to require monitoring.
To join their team, you will need:
- A Civil Engineering degree
- Min 5+ years’ experience on TMR/RMS and civil infrastructure projects
- Have an understanding and experience of self-performing and sub-contract works
- A proven track record in HSE compliance and safety
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team that is driven by success
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, coupled with the ability to take ownership and problem solve
- Be self-motivated and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Willing to travel and work away from home on various projects throughout Queensland or NSW on varying rosters when required.
- Excellent references
Want to know more?
If you want to join a company that is growing and wants the same for you, we would like to talk with you now.
Submit your application in confidence including a cover letter outlining a summary of your experience and time spent working on any TMR/roads and civil infrastructure projects.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Women and People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
You will need to have the right to work in Australia for these positions.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.