Job Openings Program Coordinator
About the job Program Coordinator
Our client is a dynamic, independent not-for-profit organization that delivers high quality capacity development programming to financial supervisors and regulators, primarily in developing countries and emerging markets. They are seeking a Program Coordinator (PC) as an integral part of the client's team, a critical role to ensure they meet their programming and quality objectives and goals.
Responsibilities/Key responsibilities are to:
- Coordinate the logistics of our client in-person blended or virtual training programs under the guidance of the current Manager, Program Coordination.
- Understand the client's work processes and project timelines for programs at varying stages of development in accordance with program lifecycle, to achieve superior results and foster continuous improvement.
- Support the senior management with information/data requests for KPI and other corporate documents.
Detailed breakdown of the above-mentioned responsibilities is as follows:
- Program management 1 : Manage the work processes and project timelines for programs at varying stages of development in accordance with program lifecycle.
- Ensure that key deadlines are met, in conjunction with the program directors; manage tasks and communicate timelines.
- Ensure that all parties (partners, program leaders, program directors, participants, internal staff) have timely and accurate program information.
- Collect and update internal databases with all participant, partner and program leader information.
- Oversee registration and vet participants for each program, ensuring compliance with the client's policies.
- Work with Communications Coordinator to develop promotional strategies for regional and international programs, coordinating with team on e-blasts and appropriate registration numbers.
- Maintain information on partner relationships, drafting MOUs and partnership agreements, ensuring compliance with any internal or external requirements.
- Consider the nature of the program and work with the program director to tailor the delivery method most appropriate for the program objectives.
Material Preparation and Evaluation:
- Prepare final program materials for above programs, in conjunction with client's policies.
- Organize incoming new program materials from the program leaders.
- Review, edit, and format all materials.
- Ensure that participants, partners and program leaders receive all pre-reading and course material at appropriate times.
- Input program evaluations and prepare evaluation reports.
- Develop tools that support program delivery through client's programs, the learning management system.
- Ensure that a complete record of program material is filed in the appropriate program folders.
- Plan and book travel itineraries for each program.
- Manage flight bookings for program directors and leaders, ensuring compliance with program budget and client's travel policy, consulting with finance where appropriate.
- Coordinate accommodation and local transportation for each program
- Research visa requirements for each country, and prepare visa applications where appropriate.
- Programs are delivered in the time zones of the Partner.
- Supporting the program director in arranging the delivery mechanisms, including video conferencing, interpretation and technical facilitation services. This may include participating on-line in off-hour or weekends, depending on the program time zone.
Finances and Budget:
- Coordinate contracts and invoices for each program in partnership with the finance department.
- Draft and finalize various internal program documents for program leaders and partners (i.e., letters of agreement, partnership agreements etc.), in conjunction with the program director.
- Process and review, and prepare (where appropriate) incoming invoices, expense claims and per diems for program directors and program leaders
- Initiate and review outgoing partner invoices, ensuring compliance with agreement requirements.
- Prepare and maintain individual program budgets alongside the finance team and regularly update program forecast.
- Develop, prepare and improve various template program documents, including maintaining folder libraries.
- Annually manage all logistics for a Canadian based international program.
- Secure appropriate venues and manage vendors, food and A/V orders
- Manage registration and participant logistics.
- Act as on-site coordinator for one week-long event, this may include supporting weekend event.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree with a minimum two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Familiar with project management principles and practices .
- Demonstrates strong self-management skills and is a life-long learner.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, internet and various video conference platforms.
- Effective time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple time-sensitive priorities.
- Organized and efficient in carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks.
- Self-starter, able to work with a high degree of initiative and highly resilient.
- Consistently produce high quality work, that is often detailed and needs to be accurate
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet changing deadlines.
- Always willing to work with and support the entire team.
- The client delivers programming in emerging markets and developing countries.
- Flexibility and adaptability are required to meet commitments across multiple time zones.
- Overtime and weekend work will be required during peak periods.