Job Openings Capital Project & Reliability Engineer (Asset Manager)
About the job Capital Project & Reliability Engineer (Asset Manager)
Reporting to the VP Manufacturing, The Asset Manager is responsible for the maintenance strategy, capex portfolio & project execution and automation at all DCL sites engaged in the manufacturing of pigments and pigment preparations. The Asset Manager will provide leadership in the development and implementation of engineering design and process improvements, including automation, aimed at decreasing production and product unit costs and increasing manufacturing productivity.
- The specific responsibilities of the Asset Manager, while not limited to, include:
- Develop the concepts in relation with execution of a maintenance plan for the sites to ensure reliability and availability of process equipment and site infrastructure.
- Monitor maintenance dashboard and work with Maintenance teams to improve KPIs.
- Develop standards and identify synergies between sites.
- Develop robust recommendations to address any process and system issues at the sites.
- Work with site managers to develop and monitor 3-year Capex plan for each site based on strategic agenda and investment plans.
- Develop, execute and/or manage strategic projects at the sites to meet the proper efficiency, time, scope, budget, quality, and stakeholder satisfaction requirements.
- Drive the conception & execution of the automation agenda at the various sites together with the site teams.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Regulatory policies, guidelines and industry best practices on processes, methodologies, working methods and systems.
- Responsible for implementing standardized work processes supported by INFOR M3 and best practices on maintenance, turnarounds, projects, and engineering.
- Ensure staffing needs are met, (functionally) lead, coach, appraise and develop maintenance technicians, operators, and staff as appropriate.
- Manage a strong relationship with sites and senior management.
- In partnership with Purchasing, develop and maintain a network of engineering companies, vendors, contractors, manufacturers, consultants able to take part in DCL projects and follows its standards.
- Participate in and execute value-improving practices (peer reviews, value engineering) and knowledge management (sharing, maintaining, updating information and best practices).
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of industrial project management with broad scope of responsibility.
- Experience in the chemical industry, and especially the pigment industry is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of more than one field of engineering, including process design automation and control, is a strong asset.
- The incumbent must be a current registered member of the Associations of Professional Engineers of the Province of Ontario or equivalent.
- Strong ‘hands-on’ management style with proven ability to adjust style according to situation.
- Proven managerial skills, proactive when dealing with challenges and confident in setting and achieving goals.
- Proven track record in planning, organizing, leading, coaching, and multi-tasking diverse projects.
- Proven track record and demonstrated ability to lead, manage, recruit, develop and motivate personnel in a plant environment.
- Strong analytical skills and solid business acumen.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]